nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
William Rounds

Rambouillet, FR
555 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
William Rounds Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011
Tue 05-Apr-11 04:01 PM | edited Tue 05-Apr-11 04:10 PM by William Rounds

I'm pretty new to digital processing so this may have been answered many times before. How do I get the best image quality when converting a NEF file to a very small JPEG file for web posting? I use primarily Capture NX2 but I also have purchased DxO.

I guess my question is more related to sequence than anything else. Is it preferable to make any and all modifications to a NEF file first, then save as a small JPEG file? Or should I downsize first and then make changes, proceed with sharpening, etc? Maybe it doesn't make any difference.

Anyway, I notice that while my NEF files look great on my computer screen, but my web sized jpegs generally look awful, so I'm definitely doing something wrong.

I posted 4 photographs under Wildlife Photography, under my name of course William Rounds and perhaps someone with a sharp eye could critique them for me, letting me know how I might be able to obtain better results. Thanks for your input.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Downsizing NEF to JPEG for web

G