Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5773
View in linear mode

Subject: "nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64" Previous topic | Next topic
willy1004 Registered since 15th Mar 2011Tue 15-Mar-11 09:59 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64"

AR

I have purchased a new notebook with windows 7. Unfortunately I see there is no Nikon's driver for the coolscan V ED working with windows 7. I tried the vista 64 version but didn't work. do you have any suggestions? thanks
willy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64
Len Shepherd Gold Member
16th Mar 2011
Reply message RE: nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64
benveniste Moderator
16th Mar 2011
Freewheeler10
16th Mar 2011
benveniste Moderator
16th Mar 2011
JGD Silver Member
18th Mar 2011

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Wed 16-Mar-11 07:53 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

Unfortunately Nikon have not gone beyond Vista 32 bit with drivers - despite still selling the Coolscan 8000 new in the UK
One solution is finding a friend with a Vista 32 bit computer - there are still plenty in use.
Once you have scanned on a compatible computer it is easy to transfer files to your current computer.
If like me you scan slides infrequently, this is probably the simple solution.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Wed 16-Mar-11 11:15 AM
9454 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64"
In response to Reply # 0

Boston Area, US

I faced a similar issue with my Canon FS4000US scanner and chose to purchase VueScan from Hamrick Software.

On a side note, I'd be willing to pay full UK retail for a Nikon 8000ED scanner. I've been looking for new old stock in the U.S. to no avail.

If you want to photograph a man spinning, give some thought to why he spins. Understanding for a photographer is as important as the equipment he uses. - Margaret Bourke-White

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Wed 16-Mar-11 12:00 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64"
In response to Reply # 2

Englewood, US

This morning there are a couple on the US version of eBay.
___Gary

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Wed 16-Mar-11 12:35 PM
9454 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64"
In response to Reply # 3

Boston Area, US

I may well end up going that route, but the last used unit I looked at was not in good shape. 9000 ED's are selling for about 50% over the original U.S. retail price.

If you want to photograph a man spinning, give some thought to why he spins. Understanding for a photographer is as important as the equipment he uses. - Margaret Bourke-White

JGD Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Oct 2006Fri 18-Mar-11 10:52 AM
526 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: nikon coolscan 50 ED vs Windows 7 64"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 18-Mar-11 10:52 AM by JGD

Frederick, US

Willy,
Here is a past Nikonians post that discusses getting the Coolscan V (and related models) to work with Windows 7. The Coolscan V is a great scanner and works just fine under Win 7 after following the workaround in this thread. Hope this helps.

Jim

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=set_threaded_mode&forum=198&topic_id=17992&prev_page=show_topic&gid=17992#17999

Edit: Welcome to Nikonians!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5773 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.