Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5708
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photo Mechanic and NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
keithbamber Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2008Sat 05-Mar-11 11:23 AM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photo Mechanic and NX2"

Romsey, GB

I use these two software packages in combination.I am struggling to pick up meta data entered in Photo Mechanic in NX2. I did read some time ago about the preference settings required in each package to be able to do that but I cant trace that source now. Can anybody help please.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sun 06-Mar-11 03:27 AM
4190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photo Mechanic and NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I'm not exactly clear on what the problem is nor do I recall what settings I made some years ago. Attached is a screen capture of my PM settings. Hope it helps.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

keithbamber Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2008Sun 06-Mar-11 10:27 AM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photo Mechanic and NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Romsey, GB

Many thanks Jon. That is exactly what I needed.
Keith.

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sun 06-Mar-11 12:22 PM
14167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photo Mechanic and NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

Colorado Springs, US

It's described in a section of the PM user manual.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

JazzDoc Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006Sun 06-Mar-11 11:58 PM
366 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Photo Mechanic and NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Rochester, US

Rick is right--it is described in PM's help system. It is also very important in maintaining true synchrony, including color and rating schemes between PM and NX2, that the settings in each program are identical, labels and all.

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5708 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.