Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5697
View in linear mode

Subject: "digitising Tablet and Capture NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
wingocup2 Registered since 03rd Mar 2011Fri 04-Mar-11 12:18 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"

AU

I am new to digital photography and the use of the software to improve on the photos. I am about to buy a digitising pad to use with Capture NX2 .
Does anyone know which make of digitising pad that Capture NX2 would support.

Thank you

Wing

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2
JonK Moderator
04th Mar 2011
sevtcard Silver Member
04th Mar 2011
nwcs Silver Member
04th Mar 2011
robsb Platinum Member
05th Mar 2011
FE Fan Silver Member
05th Mar 2011
robsb Platinum Member
06th Mar 2011
wingocup2
06th Mar 2011

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Fri 04-Mar-11 12:49 AM
4200 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I'm pretty sure that any Wacom tablet will work with NX2. In fact, I think I've seen YouTube videos. Try Googling "Wacom" and "NX2".

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

sevtcard Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Mar 2009Fri 04-Mar-11 01:52 AM
327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Brattleboro, US

i have a wacom intuos4 extra large tablet and i love it...many would prefer a smaller tablet because of desktop real estate issues and because of the larger distance required to move the pen for any given application...cnx2 has only limited functionality with tablets, nevertheless, i find it extremely helpful (the vast majority of my work is done with cnx2)...on the other hand, cs5 takes tremendous advantage of the possibilities provided by the tablet - it can be quite fun to use in that environment.
mark
www.broadwallphotography.com

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 04-Mar-11 12:43 PM
6804 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

The wacom tablets will work fine but so far as I can tell NX2 doesn't maximize the use of what the tablets can offer.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sat 05-Mar-11 02:01 AM
12254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I use Intros 4, but have the smallest size. It works fine with CNX2.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

FE Fan Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2004Sat 05-Mar-11 11:08 AM
1804 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 05-Mar-11 11:08 AM by FE Fan

Silver Spring, US

On the lower-end, I have a Wacom Bamboo Pen and it works very well with CNX2.

Be sure to install the Wacom software. I found an earlier post in which some folks couldn't get the pressure controls to work without installing the drivers that came with the tablet.

Bart
D300s D40 F3HP FE FM2n Nikkormat FTN

Everything is a subject. Every subject has a rhythm. To feel it is the raison d'être.
The photograph is a fixed moment of such a raison d'être, which lives on in itself.
- Andre Kertesz

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Mar-11 01:19 AM
12254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 5

San Jose, US

That is a very good point. The tablet SW should be installed when you install the latest Wacom Driver 6.1.6-7. The tablet SW controls how the pen reacts and maps the pen and mouse to the board. You can also chage the functions of the side buttons on the tablet or the buttons on your mouse and pen and you can also assign actions to click on when you bring up the over display.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

wingocup2 Registered since 03rd Mar 2011Sun 06-Mar-11 02:33 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: digitising Tablet and Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

AU

Thank you for the valuable replies. I will look at the Wacom
Bamboo and the Intuos 4 graphoc Tablets.

Regards

Wing

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5697 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.