nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pwarbeck

Tucson AZ, US
254 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pwarbeck Registered since 25th May 2009
Sat 26-Feb-11 12:06 AM | edited Sat 26-Feb-11 04:29 AM by pwarbeck

I'm using View NX2 2.0.3 on 64 bit Windows Home Premium. I had never used the labeling or rating system before today. Today I decided to start a big project: going through all my photos and assigning labels to them. I ran into a problem that is making this project harder than I expected.

Here's how I'm working. Say I have 999 folders numbered 001 to 999. I want to work my way backward, starting at folder 999, so I launch VNX2 and click folder 999 in the Folders pane. Thumbnails appear in the Edit pane. I assign some labels using the row of colored numbers at the bottom left side of the window. I go back to the folders pane and click folder 998, assign some more labels, and so-on. Here's the problem: sometimes -- but not always -- the folder pane freezes and I can't select another folder. I have to kill VNX2 and restart it. I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing to make it freeze (or what I'm not doing to make it not freeze). This is not an occasional problem. It happens quite often.

Is this a known problem? If so, is there a known solution?

EDIT: after using VNX2 for another hour (and having to kill it about 100 times), I realize that the Folders pane freezes in other scenarios which do not involve labels. Either I'm doing something really wrong here, or this is one buggy piece of software! FYI I use NX2 and Nik filters and rarely do those programs hang, so it's probably not a problem with my OS, video driver, etc. Could it be one of the VNX2 options? I think they are all set to the defaults.

Visit my gallery on 23hq

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 Folders pane sometimes freezes

G