Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5558
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX 2.1.1" Previous topic | Next topic
jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Tue 22-Feb-11 02:45 PM
3573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX 2.1.1"

Simsbury, US

Nikon has released version 2.1.1 of View NX2.

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17167

John

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: View NX 2.1.1
nwcs Silver Member
22nd Feb 2011
jtmcg Gold Member
22nd Feb 2011
James23p Moderator
22nd Feb 2011
rb4good Silver Member
22nd Feb 2011
Reply message Thanks for the heads up.
BillboTex
23rd Feb 2011
Reply message RE: Thanks for the heads up.
bobr Silver Member
23rd Feb 2011
BillboTex
23rd Feb 2011
cliddell Silver Member
23rd Feb 2011

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 22-Feb-11 03:17 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX 2.1.1"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I guess that means CNX2 is going to 2.2.7 soon? Sigh, still want NX3...

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Tue 22-Feb-11 04:31 PM
3573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX 2.1.1"
In response to Reply # 1

Simsbury, US

>I guess that means CNX2 is going to 2.2.7 soon? Sigh, still
>want NX3...

Me too!

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Tue 22-Feb-11 05:45 PM
9504 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: View NX 2.1.1"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 22-Feb-11 06:20 PM by James23p

Memphis, US

Thanks for the link it seems my updater never seems to pick these up. I actually missed 2.1 too, so now I am fully up to date and ready to go.

Jim

PS Yup I too what NX3

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Tue 22-Feb-11 06:05 PM
4174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: View NX 2.1.1"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Thanks John,ditto on NX3
Rick

BillboTex Registered since 23rd Nov 2010Wed 23-Feb-11 11:58 AM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "Thanks for the heads up."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 23-Feb-11 11:59 AM by BillboTex

Houston, US

Thanks John, Nikon's installation instructions state that this is a "full version - no previous version is needed for installation". Does this mean that my previous version of viewNX2 needs to be uninstalled?

They also indicate that a new file folder with appropriate name needs to be created. What is an appropriate name, and where should it be located on my Win Vista Home Premium 64 computer (folder hierarchy)?

TIA

MY SETUP
Nikon D7000 with zoomNIKKOR AF-S DX 10-24mm f3.5,
Tamron AF 18-270mm Macro f3.5 Di II VC LD
and Tamron AF 180mm f/3.5 Di SP A/M FEC LD (IF) 1:1 Macro
Nikon R1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System,
ZacutoEVF Pro
Two SanDisk 32GB EXTREME PRO SDHC-UHS-1 (45MB/S)
viewNX2 captureNX2 NIKCompleteCollection Ultimate
Photo Mechanic 4.6.6 Annotate Pro
Vegas Movio Studio 10 Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 14

bobr Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jun 2004Wed 23-Feb-11 01:04 PM
343 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Thanks for the heads up."
In response to Reply # 5

pitman, US

Hi Bill,

I downloaded and installed this, and it asked if I wanted to update the existing version, I clicked yes and it installed properly on my Win 7 64 bit system and everything seems to work ok. I've been through the uninstall, Nikon regsweep process a couple of times and didn't want to go through that again, if possible. After the install, I checked the settings in the Edit options and everything carried over. I then processed about a dozen images and everything seems to work.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

BillboTex Registered since 23rd Nov 2010Wed 23-Feb-11 01:21 PM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Thanks for the heads up."
In response to Reply # 6

Houston, US

Thanks Bob, then no new folder necessary.

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Wed 23-Feb-11 03:01 PM
995 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Thanks for the heads up."
In response to Reply # 7

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Correct, I also just downloaded and "run" the new software. All well and seems to be working perfectly.

So far my full screen view is working as it should with no blackouts.

I tried the new "post to email" and I like it. You can select a RAW file and it is automatically converted to JPG at a "size" you can adjust - good...

I print to A4 paper and like that this size (and others) have been added to the cropping list.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5558 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.