nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5537
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 problems with CNX2" Previous topic | Next topic
amicheleg Registered since 18th Feb 2011Mon 21-Feb-11 12:26 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"2 problems with CNX2"

US

I'm just learning CNX2, really liking it so far, but have combed the manual unsuccessfully for these 2 problems:
1. I can't remove pictures from the browser--they've already been saved once, but I wanted to recheck something.
2. I also can't load pics into the browser. I have some grayed-oput folders showing that won't open, and when I go the the list and select a folder, that won't open either. I'm stuck!

Michele

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 21-Feb-11 07:07 AM
13477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: 2 problems with CNX2"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Michele:

I am not sure what you are trying to do in 1. You say you can't remove pictures from the Browser, but then you say they are saved once and want to recheck them. All the browser is doing is pointing to images you have stored in files on your computer. If you delete an image ( first select it then choose delete), you will remove it from it's stored location!

As for item 2 are these images that were processed in some other program and/or are they multilayer files? Are the greyscale files? These and a nukmber of other iamges cannot be opened in CNX2. If you have greyout folders or images thre is a problem with them. You can try clearing your cache and restarting CNX2. CNX2 will rebuild the thumbnails.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

amicheleg Registered since 18th Feb 2011Tue 22-Feb-11 12:24 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 2 problems with CNX2"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Bob,
In #1 I just don't want to work with them. After I saved them they disappeared from the screen.

I am presently trying to locate some raw files I was working on before my computer froze up and I had to shut down and restart. The weird thing is they're not showing up in recenly opened folders.

I'll try clearing the cache as you suggested. I'm searching poorly labeled files. Once I catch up I'll keep up from now on!
Michele

Michele

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Tue 22-Feb-11 01:35 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 2 problems with CNX2"
In response to Reply # 2

Englewood, US

>I am presently trying to locate some raw files I was working
>on before my computer froze up and I had to shut down and
>restart. The weird thing is they're not showing up in recenly
>opened folders.

What application are you using to import images into your computer?

If you use the free ViewNX2 (with Nikon Transfer built in), by default
there's a backup copy made of everything that is transferred in from
your camera. The default is a folder called Image Backup. Hopefully
whatever app you are using has a similar feature.

___Gary

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

amicheleg Registered since 18th Feb 2011Thu 24-Feb-11 09:21 PM
#4. "RE: 2 problems with CNX2"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I used the free version of NX2. I didn't know about the Image Backup feature. Thanks! It is great that people take time to help a newbie. Blessings!

Michele

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5537 Previous topic | Next topic