nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5522
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Capture NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
thesilentknight Registered since 27th Feb 2009Wed 16-Feb-11 08:43 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Capture NX2"

Cape May Ct. House, US

Hello... does anyone know if the latest version of Nikon Capture NX2 come packed with a "printed" copy of the User Manual? I know it is available online in PDF format.. Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Capture NX2
buddyro48 Silver Member
16th Feb 2011
larrysbw
17th Feb 2011
gkaiseril Gold Member
17th Feb 2011
thesilentknight
20th Feb 2011
cliddell Silver Member
23rd Feb 2011
michaelhager
23rd Feb 2011
buddyro48 Silver Member
03rd Mar 2011
pwarbeck
03rd Mar 2011

buddyro48 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2009Wed 16-Feb-11 10:33 PM
238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Maria, US

I purchased my Capture NX2 online....(hard copy)...I did not download it, and yes it came with a user's manual.

Cheers,
Michael

larrysbw Registered since 10th Jan 2010Thu 17-Feb-11 01:20 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Cedar Park, US

If you purchase the full media kit, it does come with a hard copy manual and a Quick Start Guide. The D/L version includes a PDF manual.

The current version is 2.2.6 available from Nikon updates.

Although Nikon's User's Manual is great, it does not cover workflow. I added two (2) books to my photo library both of which cover workflow techniques in detail plus supplemental processing techinques that greatly enhance the already wonderful Nikon User's Manual:

Capture NX 2: Industrial Strength Production Techniques by Ben Long, ISBN-13: 978-9-321-55359-1

Nikon Capture NX 2: After the Shoot by Mike Hagen, ISBN-13: 978-0-470-40926-8

I do about 70-80 percent of my post processing using NX 2 and restort to PS for only the really tough problems or special effects.

Enjoy

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 17-Feb-11 04:56 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Have you looked at Image Doctor and fellow Nikonian Dr. Odell\'s offerings?

He has both printed books, eBooks, and videos.

Nik Software offers webinars, tutorials, lessons, demos, and sell books and videos.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

thesilentknight Registered since 27th Feb 2009Sun 20-Feb-11 01:22 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 3

Cape May Ct. House, US

Thanks to all for the info. I went to Staples with the PDF file and it was over $100 to color print it. Appreciate your input. Just getting started with RAW.

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Wed 23-Feb-11 04:46 PM
1003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 4

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

I got the paper manual with my boxed CNX2. Just to say that there is no colour in the CNX2 manual so B&W printing may save you some $$$

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

michaelhager Registered since 15th Feb 2007Wed 23-Feb-11 05:53 PM
2284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed 23-Feb-11 05:54 PM by michaelhager

Fountain Inn, US

>Thanks to all for the info. I went to Staples with the PDF
>file and it was over $100 to color print it. Appreciate your
>input. Just getting started with RAW.

Just a comment... All of my hard copies of manuals for all of my equipment are resting safely in their boxes in the closet. I downloaded PDF versions of everything and keep them on my laptop.

With PDF you can do keyword searches which is a lot handier than thumbing through the index.

It's just me, but paper manuals are more of a pain to me than a help.

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

buddyro48 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2009Thu 03-Mar-11 12:39 AM
238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 6

Santa Maria, US

Amen Michael,

That is the same approach I take.. Usually when I need reference for something I am sitting at my computer anyway...Just easier IMO..(that and the paper manual gets misplaced anyway)

Cheers,
Michael

pwarbeck Registered since 25th May 2009Thu 03-Mar-11 03:38 PM
254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 6

Tucson AZ, US

What I have been doing with pdf's is to convert them to Kindle format and read them on my PC using "Kindle for PC" (free eBook emulator from amazon, no strings attached). I use Mobipocket creator (also free), which can convert other file types in addition to pdfb. The advantage of Kindle for PC is that you can search, take notes, bookmark, and highlight. The searching is very fast and superior to the usual search, search next, since it returns your keywords in context.

With Kindle for PC, I can have the reference manual handy when I'm working with the software.

Mobipocket creator doesn't do a perfect job with pdf's, but usually it's good enough. Anyway, I would rather have a sharp stick in the eye than read a pdf on my computer screen. Pdf's are not designed for human consumption.

Visit my gallery on 23hq

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5522 Previous topic | Next topic