Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5484
View in linear mode

Subject: "view nx-2" Previous topic | Next topic
micro Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2008Sun 13-Feb-11 07:27 PM
504 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"view nx-2"

walkertown, US

just down loaded the new version view nx2,at least I think it is new,and I love it.the old version would not allow any work with jpegs.it's about time nikon.the straightening feature is absolutely great.things always look straight and level in my view finder but not when uploaded onto my computer.I'm usually off a little.this is great. Troy

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Wed 16-Feb-11 04:19 PM
987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: view nx-2"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Troy,

Yes, but I would recommend using RAW. Then it is like magic to tweak White Balance, Exposure Compensation and other settings which cannot be adjusted using JPEG.

Often I tweak batches of images to a good standard without having to even open CNX2. Of course when there are problem areas CNX2 is essential...

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

micro Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2008Sat 19-Feb-11 06:46 PM
504 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: view nx-2"
In response to Reply # 1

walkertown, US

thanks Clive.I guess it's time to start practicing with raw files.I've been putting it off due to not wanting to deal with the learning curve.I'll just start shooting jpeg+raw so I can compare my finished product against the camera.I have a much better computer now so that should help and speed it up.my other computer froze up to often to even think about it. Troy

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sun 20-Feb-11 01:30 PM
4090 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: view nx-2"
In response to Reply # 2

Alberta, CA

RAW+JPG sounds like a good way to start. You should notice a difference pretty quickly in terms of exposure control, White-balance, and especially sharpening!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5484 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.