nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5278
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX2 wont allow adjustments" Previous topic | Next topic
DMKerr Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Feb 2010Sun 30-Jan-11 12:57 PM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX2 wont allow adjustments"

US

I'm sure its something simple but I cant seem to make adjustments. I just downloaded and installed ViewNX2 yesterday and even made some adjustments to a photo. This morning I wanted to make another small adjustment and I'm unable to. the program opens. the photo opens. I can open the adjustments menu on the right but they are unavailable and grayed out. the drop down menus wont allow me to use them. can anyone suggest solution?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Sun 30-Jan-11 02:10 PM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX2 wont allow adjustments"
In response to Reply # 0

Kingston, CA

If you make adjustments to a NEF with Capture NX2 you can no longer make adjustments to it with ViewNX2. Might this be the situation? Peter

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sun 30-Jan-11 04:49 PM
1005 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX2 wont allow adjustments"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Also, if you saved the NEF "as" a JPG then only some of the edit adjustments will work (in VNX2). For example, White Balance or Exposure adjustment (and others, as I recall) will not work in VNX2.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

DMKerr Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Feb 2010Sun 30-Jan-11 06:00 PM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ViewNX2 wont allow adjustments"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 30-Jan-11 06:03 PM by DMKerr

US

the trouble I am having is with photos that have not been touched. Its odd. I can open the adjustment menu but nothing works

Edit: I just realized that I can modify .nef files but not .jpg. it that normal?

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sun 30-Jan-11 06:34 PM
1005 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: ViewNX2 wont allow adjustments"
In response to Reply # 3

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Yes, it is "normal". As you will have seen, in JPG, some adjustments are not greyed out and these will be fully adjustable.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #5278 Previous topic | Next topic