nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #522
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
martinloat   London, UK  Registered since 05th Jan 2008 Mon 21-Dec-09 09:29 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2"

Hi there
I have been teaching myself to use this program but now I have hit a problem.
I recently updated my NVidia video card drivers and all of a sudden Capture NX2 is not behaving properly. See attached screen shot to see what I mean.
I do not wish to downgrade the video driver for the sake of one program.
I have ensured that the Nikon recommended 96dpi is applied.
Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

greyface Gold Member  Acushnet, US  Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008 Tue 22-Dec-09 04:42 AM
1601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

You might try uninstalling, then reinstalling NX2. I had the same problen a while back. A 3rd party software was trying to reconfigure the appearance of the NX2 window so I uninstalled the 3rd party software.
Hope this helps.

-------------------
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you." - The Hitchhikers Guide

gerphil Silver Member  Haarlem, NL  Charter Member Tue 22-Dec-09 11:33 AM
181 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Before going the uninstall route please try this: change in your display preferences the lay-out of Windows to the 'classic Windows' lay-out for windows and buttons while you have NX2 open. After your windows have changed please reverse again to the normal Windows lay-out. This forces Capture NX2 to 're-invent' how it should look.

I had a similar issue when I switched to a new broadscreen monitor - and got weird UI behavior too (thoughnot as nasty as your screenshot) - which was corrected in this way. Hope this lucky shot helps you too.

Gerphil

martinloat   London, UK  Registered since 05th Jan 2008 Tue 22-Dec-09 09:44 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks very much for this. It has resulted in my finding a way out of my dilemma.
This is a bit of a strange one possibly part of the same bug that results in Nikon advising 96dpi as a screen setting.

I had tried un and re-installing a couple of times with no better result. However when I turned off the theme I was using and reverted to vanilla windows I noticed that I could see my wallpaper at the edge of the NX2 window. Once I assured that all edges of the NX2 window were visible the corrupted characters cleared.
I tried again with my normal theme in place and the same thing happened;
Maximised NX2 window = corrupted view.
Reduced window avoiding screen edges = program performing as it should.
The above can only be regarded as a workaround and not a cure but at least I can carry on now .

Thanks again and Merry Xmas
Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #522 Previous topic | Next topic