Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #501
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It" Previous topic | Next topic
ljk73 Registered since 09th Apr 2009Sat 19-Dec-09 07:26 PM
93 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"

US

Well, it worked. I used the free trial for the full 60 days and now I'm hooked.

My free trial has expired. I need to purchase the software, but I really need a good deal. I'm positive I saw it at one point for $129, but I can't find it now.

I know there's a Nikonians discount, but if anyone knows of a better deal I would really, really appreciate hearing about it.

Thank you!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Visit my Photo Galleries at http://www.ljk-images.com or my blog at http://ljkimages.wordpress.com. Feel free to leave comments.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need ...
rbertalotto
19th Dec 2009
rbertalotto
19th Dec 2009
robb
19th Dec 2009
ljk73
19th Dec 2009
rbertalotto
19th Dec 2009
robb
19th Dec 2009
Ricky11
20th Dec 2009
shuttrrbug
21st Dec 2009
ljk73
21st Dec 2009
rbertalotto
21st Dec 2009
ljk73
21st Dec 2009
robb
22nd Dec 2009
ithompson72 Silver Member
22nd Dec 2009
PAStime Silver Member
22nd Dec 2009
rbertalotto
22nd Dec 2009
PAStime Silver Member
23rd Dec 2009
Aubrey Silver Member
24th Dec 2009
Aubrey Silver Member
24th Dec 2009

rbertalotto Registered since 25th Nov 2009Sat 19-Dec-09 08:04 PM
306 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 0

North Dartmouth, US

20% off right here on this site if you are a silver subscriber or better.

The link is at the top of this particular forum...

This is the best deal currently available.

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com

rbertalotto Registered since 25th Nov 2009Sat 19-Dec-09 08:07 PM
306 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 1

North Dartmouth, US

Here is the link:

http://www.nikonians.org/rewards/

But I've been trying to get access to the NIK website for two days and it seems to be down........???

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com

robb Basic MemberSat 19-Dec-09 08:46 PM
1072 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 0

Central Valley, CA, US

HI

A few weeks ago I saw a deal on some website for the Nik ultimate collection of software.. there was a discount coupon for 25% off.. I just checked and the deal works also for capture NX2..

if you use code DZISER in the checkout, it reduces the cost from $179.99 to $134.96, a savings of $44.99 which I think is a huge deal.

Best Regards,
Rob

http://www.robbohningphotography.com
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. -- Psalm 19:1

ljk73 Registered since 09th Apr 2009Sat 19-Dec-09 09:27 PM
93 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 3

US

The Nikonians coupon is for 20% off which makes the price $144 from Nik.

It's at Amazon and B&H for $129.

I really just need to pay for the registration key since I already have the software.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Visit my Photo Galleries at http://www.ljk-images.com or my blog at http://ljkimages.wordpress.com. Feel free to leave comments.

rbertalotto Registered since 25th Nov 2009Sat 19-Dec-09 09:45 PM
#5. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 4

North Dartmouth, US

I finally got onto the NIK site. Tried to order the software (I too, already have the demo on my computer and the 60 days is running out)
I got to the end of the process and the site froze up. Looks like I'll need to call them on Monday so I don't end up with three copies!

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com

robb Basic MemberSat 19-Dec-09 10:22 PM
1072 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 4

Central Valley, CA, US

If time is not a factor, go with the cheapest price and wait for a boxed copy in the mail.. but if you need it now, you can get the key I am pretty sure if you go through the nik site and choose the download option.. you should receive the download link and key via email.

good luck.

Best Regards,
Rob

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. -- Psalm 19:1

Ricky11 Registered since 30th Nov 2006Sun 20-Dec-09 01:34 AM
125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 6

Ponce de Leon, US

I just purchased through the Rewards Program here (NX2 + several nik products) and saved 95.00 - no hassles at all.

Ricky

shuttrrbug Registered since 05th Dec 2009Mon 21-Dec-09 09:49 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 0

Missouri City, US

I was looking for the upgrade version. Found at Amazon for 82.66. Target on Amazon has it for just over 52 bucks! Not sure the 20% on Nikonians measures up to these prices.
Note: I did not check the full version price, as I already own version 1.3.
Merry Christmas.

ljk73 Registered since 09th Apr 2009Mon 21-Dec-09 10:39 PM
#9. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 8

US

In not being able to find a better deal, I decided to use the coupon provided by ROBB, and purchase the software. Unfortunately, the checkout process on the NikSoftware website fails. Once I enter my info, and hit "Next", the screen does not display. Just a plain white screen, with "Errors" shown in the bottom left of the screen.

Anyone have any clues? I'm going to look for a better vendor. I'm not happy with this result and I certainly don't want to keep entering my payment information.

Is this their normal "best they can do"?

rbertalotto Registered since 25th Nov 2009Mon 21-Dec-09 11:24 PM
#10. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 9

North Dartmouth, US

I had the same problem. I decided to buy it at Amazon and get the disc with the manual and other information. The cost was $127.43 with 2 day shipping......

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com

ljk73 Registered since 09th Apr 2009Mon 21-Dec-09 11:31 PM
#11. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 10

US

I am here to offer my most sheepish of apologies. The fault was all mine.

The reason my order did not go through is because I selected "Visa" rather than the correct type of CC I was using.

Believe me, my face is red as I'm typing this.

However, it would be very HELPFUL if the NikSoftware shopping cart would give a person some type of CLUE as to the problem at hand, rather than a blank screen.

Thanks again to ROBB for providing the coupon code. Very much appreciated!

robb Basic MemberTue 22-Dec-09 02:07 AM
#12. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 11

Central Valley, CA, US

I am glad I could help.. I know the coupon dropped the price of the full plugin suite for Lightroom from #300 down to $224 and for all those products it was a great deal.

Best Regards,
Rob

ithompson72 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Aug 2008Tue 22-Dec-09 12:15 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 12

Chichester, GB

Been trying to get NX2 in the UK. On someone's advice here I checked out Nik software but in europe they don't sell NX2 so can't take advantage of the nikonians discount.

Also, Amazon have a 1-2 month leadtime on it at the moment. Only options I can find is direct from nikon and it's about £160 GBP. That is definitely not cheap and is way higher than you are paying in the states (about $240 compared to $120?).

There are times it would definitely be better to be across the pond.

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Tue 22-Dec-09 02:11 PM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 11

Kingston, CA

Hi. The Nik website and customer service is poor. I tried to register my version of NX2. It wouldn't work. I wrote Nik. They never wrote back. I also sent a feature suggestion to their customer support email address. Again, never heard back (not even a "thanks for the suggestion"). I really like NX2. I don't like the Nik service. Peter

rbertalotto Registered since 25th Nov 2009Tue 22-Dec-09 03:52 PM
#15. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 14

North Dartmouth, US

This address always gets a reply

webinars@niksoftware.com

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Wed 23-Dec-09 12:55 AM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 15

Kingston, CA

>This address always gets a reply
>
>webinars@niksoftware.com

OK, thanks Roy. I used supportus@niksoftware.com on both of my messages. Maybe I'll try that one next time. Cheers, Peter

Aubrey Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Thu 24-Dec-09 02:04 AM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 8

Limassol, CY

Do you have the URL please?
Thanks,
Aubrey.

Aubrey Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Thu 24-Dec-09 02:12 AM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Capture NX2 - Best Holiday Deal Out There - I Need It"
In response to Reply # 8

Limassol, CY

>I was looking for the upgrade version. Found at Amazon for
>82.66. Target on Amazon has it for just over 52 bucks!

Do you have the URL please?

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #501 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.