Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #481
View in linear mode

Subject: "Working Color Profile in NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Mon 28-Dec-09 01:37 AM
1483 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Working Color Profile in NX2"

New Bedford, US

Having come over to the Digital Side last year and am finally comfortable using my camera, I am wondering if it makes a difference which color profile to work in NX2 (Adobe RGB, Pro Photo RGB, Adobe sRGB......) Since my images are going out as sRGB to be printed, should I use it for my work profile? I shoot RAW, adjust contrast and color in NX2, then save to tiff for use with other filters in Photoshop. Final image goes out as a jpeg-8bit-sRGB.

-------------------
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you." - The Hitchhikers Guide

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 28-Dec-09 07:06 AM
12560 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Working Color Profile in NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I work in 14 bit NEF files and Adobe RGB in NX2. If I post to the web I will convert a copy of my final image to an 8 bit sRGB file for that purpose. The advantages you get are a wider gamut using Adobe RGB and greater color depth using 14 bit. Thsi way if you make big changes to your files, you have less chance of creating artifacts.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Tue 29-Dec-09 05:06 AM
1483 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Working Color Profile in NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

New Bedford, US

Bob, thank you for your reply. I did not realize I could be creating artifacts. Will be changing my work flow.

-------------------
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you." - The Hitchhikers Guide

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #481 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.