nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4728
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX error msg" Previous topic | Next topic
Steve Moore Registered since 25th Nov 2010Mon 03-Jan-11 01:10 AM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX error msg"

Rock Hill, US

While working smoothly in View NX after editing several images, all of sudden I'll move to the next shot to work on and I get "Unsupported file type" message and the image will instantly got to blank screen. I can close and reopen the program and it will work correctly a while longer, then do the same thing again. I don't think it's the image because once it errors, it wont let me select any image. ALSO sometimes when done working on a picture and try to save, I get the "failed to save the effects of quick adjustment" msg. Any clues?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: View NX error msg
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd Jan 2011
Steve Moore
03rd Jan 2011
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd Jan 2011
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
03rd Jan 2011
Steve Moore
03rd Jan 2011
Steve Moore
03rd Jan 2011
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
04th Jan 2011
04th Jan 2011

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 03-Jan-11 02:51 AM
13476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Are you using View NX or View NX2? If the former, update your SW, if the later, what computer and operating system are you using, it will help us help you?

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Steve Moore Registered since 25th Nov 2010Mon 03-Jan-11 03:11 AM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 1

Rock Hill, US

It's View NX. You say update to View NX2? How?

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 03-Jan-11 04:38 AM
13476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 2

San Jose, US

Go to the Nikon site and select support, then look for Nikon SW, open that link and you will find a free download of View NX2.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 03-Jan-11 12:00 PM
8996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

Here is a link to the Nikon software updates at Nikon USA.

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Steve Moore Registered since 25th Nov 2010Mon 03-Jan-11 03:01 PM
#5. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 4

Rock Hill, US

Hey Bob & Eric...thank you much for the info....I'm new to this stuff, which is one reason I joined this great site. I downloaded VNX2 and I'll work with it some....Thanks again.

Steve Moore Registered since 25th Nov 2010Mon 03-Jan-11 11:31 PM
#6. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 5

Rock Hill, US

So do I need to uninstall the original VNX to keep images from being transfers to it instead of VNX 2?

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 04-Jan-11 03:00 AM
8996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 6

Atlanta, US

Yes - uninstall View NX.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 04-Jan-11 03:07 AM
#8. "RE: View NX error msg"
In response to Reply # 6

San Jose, US

When you install View NX2, the Nikon Transfer function is now within the program rather than a separate program. It will also put your files in a new folder unless you change the preferences. I would leave View NX installed until you fully check out View NX2 on your computer and then if everything is fine, you can delete it.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4728 Previous topic | Next topic