Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4600
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 Driving Me Nuts" Previous topic | Next topic
gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Tue 28-Dec-10 06:16 PM
2770 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"

Aliso Viejo, US

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? After opening an image to full screen in View NX2, then closing it to go back to the browser, it takes you back to first image in the group, instead of where you left off. So then you have to scroll all the back down to where you were.

Thanks

Hecky

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts
intrepidnz
28th Dec 2010
Pete Wilson Gold Member
28th Dec 2010
gheck58 Silver Member
28th Dec 2010
billgreen
28th Dec 2010
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
29th Dec 2010
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
29th Dec 2010
russg Silver Member
30th Dec 2010
jib2
30th Dec 2010
gheck58 Silver Member
30th Dec 2010

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Tue 28-Dec-10 06:23 PM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

NZ

Nope, mine goes back to the picture I had selected.

Check your ratings and whether you are sorting by anything other than name or date.

Pete Wilson Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Jun 2004Tue 28-Dec-10 06:27 PM
867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

Lake Orion, US

No, I don't have that problem. It goes back to the photo that I just had in full screen mode. I'm running version 2.0.3 on a Windows XP pro sp3 machine.

Pete Wilson
Nikonian from Lake Orion, Michigan
My Nikonians gallery

Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera

gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Tue 28-Dec-10 06:57 PM
2770 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 2

Aliso Viejo, US

OK I'll check my settings, thank you. It did it on my old XP 32 bit machine and on my new 7 64 bit machine.

Hecky

billgreen Registered since 14th Oct 2010Tue 28-Dec-10 07:15 PM
388 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Mine works OK (goes back to chosen image). Windows 7, 64 bit.
Bill

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 29-Dec-10 01:51 AM
13138 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I just rechecked mine open a folder, click on one of the iamges to open as full screen, click return at top right and I go back to previous view with that same file still highlighted. running Win 7 64 bit with 8 GB RAM and an E6700 Core Duo processor. How are you closing the image?

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 29-Dec-10 11:47 AM
8863 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

When I close the full screen image I go back to the browser and the selected image.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 30-Dec-10 11:49 AM
1332 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

This was a known issue in a much earlier version of either VNX or VNX2. It was resolved with a software update. Check to see if you are using the most up to date version of the softesre.

Russ

jib2 Registered since 13th Feb 2009Thu 30-Dec-10 02:34 PM
328 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 7

Clarkston, US

I just rechecked mine open a folder, click on one of the iamges to open as full screen, click return at top right and I go back to previous view with that same file still highlighted. Running on a MAC

Jim

Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
You first have to practice at practicing.
–Vince Lombardi

http://www.blainephotography.smugmug.com

gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Thu 30-Dec-10 05:50 PM
#9. "RE: View NX2 Driving Me Nuts"
In response to Reply # 8

Aliso Viejo, US

Did the update. Thanks everyone, it's OK so far.

Hecky

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4600 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.