Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4312
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 not always opening full screne" Previous topic | Next topic
bobtail Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2006Tue 23-Nov-10 04:09 PM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 not always opening full screne"

Axminster, GB

My workflow of Transfer>View NX>NX2>Paintshop ProX2 (if needed)has worked really well and has been stable & very effective.
I upgraded to NX2-2-6 with no problems, but whenI moved to ViewNX2 ,which in general I like, I now find that it struggles to open images to full screen mode.
I like to sort images by opening in full thumbnail mode, select the first one ,open in full screen ,then cycle through them using the left/right keys,dabbing 1,2 or nothing as my choices.This worked fine in View NX, but now, as I click for the next image I get a black or partially black screen. Sometimes going back one then trying again works and it opens full screen, but this is uncertain.
Most of the files are NEF with a few TIFFs.
Camera is D90. Vista 32 bit, 4gbram.3ghz Intel.
It is maddening that the 'upgrade' is giving me a problem !
Any ideas ?
Chris.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 not always opening full screne
gpoole Platinum Member
23rd Nov 2010
robsb Platinum Member
24th Nov 2010
gpoole Platinum Member
24th Nov 2010
bobtail Silver Member
24th Nov 2010
gpoole Platinum Member
24th Nov 2010

gpoole Platinum Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Tue 23-Nov-10 04:15 PM
3501 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 not always opening full screne"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

This happens to me and others too. See this thread.

My solution was to go back to view NX.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D800e, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 24-Nov-10 12:50 AM
12254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: View NX2 not always opening full screne"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

HAve you tried updateing your video driver? I am using View NX2 on an old Desktop with an E6700 Core Dup chip, 8 GB of RAM and running Win 7 64 bit and I use an ATI 4700 video card and have no problems like you describe.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

gpoole Platinum Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Wed 24-Nov-10 03:07 AM
3501 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: View NX2 not always opening full screne"
In response to Reply # 2

Farmington Hills, US

I just updated to the newest driver for my ATI HD 3400 series on Windows XP 32 bit. I'm running on a Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz with 4 GB of RAM.

Still get the same failure with View NX2; it stops displaying full screen images after stepping through several. I have to exit View NX2 and restart it to temporarily fix the problem. View NX does not have this problem and Capture NX2 also runs without any problems.

Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.

bobtail Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2006Wed 24-Nov-10 04:25 PM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: View NX2 not always opening full screne"
In response to Reply # 3

Axminster, GB

Thank you, at least I'm not alone.
Just received this from Nikon Answers UK---

Thank you for the update and the attached files.

The Nikon Head Office in Japan have confirmed that they could reproduce this issue on specific computer environments with specific graphics cards. They hope to produce a fix in a future version, but we can unfortunately not confirm when that will be at present.

Thank you for the report and as soon we receive any further updates we will inform you.

We apologise for any inconveniences this may have caused you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again with any questions regarding Nikon products or services, and we will be happy to answer.

Kind Regards,

Stanislaw Noman

They have admitted a problem !!
Interestingly the effect has been much less noticeable today.
Chris.

gpoole Platinum Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Wed 24-Nov-10 05:42 PM
#5. "RE: View NX2 not always opening full screne"
In response to Reply # 4

Farmington Hills, US

It's good to know that Nikon acknowledges the problem.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4312 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.