Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4056
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?" Previous topic | Next topic
Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Fri 29-Oct-10 06:14 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"

Mesa, US

I have/had Capture NX2 installed on my Mac, I purchased it on disc, so no product key issues. I tried to install the 2.2.6 upgrade. I get the “there is a copy of Capture NX2 on this computer, uninstall first, then install 2.2.6” (words to this effect).

I put my disc in and select uninstall. After the uninstall is confirmed, I try to install 2.2.6. It repeats the “there is a copy of Capture NX2 on this computer, uninstall first, then install 2.2.6”. I gave up and then tried to reinstall Capture NX2, from my disc. I now receive the same message, “there is a copy of Capture NX2 on this computer, uninstall first, then install 2.2.6”. I have tried to uninstall it, even though it is not installed.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this problem. Is this upgrade something that needs to be purchased? If not, do I use the product key that came with my disc?

I upgraded View NX2 first. So I know that I am doing this right.

TIA,

Gary

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?
charlie68
29th Oct 2010
Garys
29th Oct 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
29th Oct 2010
Garys
29th Oct 2010
Len Shepherd Gold Member
30th Oct 2010
expat Silver Member
30th Oct 2010
mburke
30th Oct 2010
Garys
30th Oct 2010
jim2107 Silver Member
30th Oct 2010
wamco Silver Member
20th Nov 2010
wamco Silver Member
25th Nov 2010

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Fri 29-Oct-10 06:44 PM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 29-Oct-10 06:45 PM by charlie68

GB

You need to get in touch with NIKON and be prepared to e-mail them proof of the original documentation for NX2 after which they will (probably) send you a new number.

Charlie

Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Fri 29-Oct-10 07:04 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 1

Mesa, US

Charlie:

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Gary

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 29-Oct-10 07:51 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 29-Oct-10 08:27 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

The upgrade to version 2.2.6 is a full venison of Nikon Capture and performs the upgrade by removing the prior version and then installing an entire new version. Your original message should have mentioned an older version of Nikon Capture NX2.

If you answer "Yes" then the installation will continue, removing the old version and then installing the newer version.

I would go back and try this again.

Are you sure you "Uninstalled" to program using the provided "Uninstall" option of the product or computer? This is not just deleting an Icon or folder, there are special system areas that also need to be deleted and this should only be done by the 'Uninstall' program.

After the installation, you may be prompted for the CD Key.

I purchased Nikon Capture NX2 on a disk and installed it one Windows Vista and one Windows XP system. The upgrade on both machines asked to remove the older version, and I was only prompted for the CD Key code on the XP system.

As Thom Hogan has posted, "Nikon is not a software company" on October 28, 2010.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Fri 29-Oct-10 09:45 PM
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 29-Oct-10 09:48 PM by Garys

Mesa, US

George:

This is the message:

“Capture NX 2 Already Installed

A different region version of Capture NX 2 is already installed. First uninstall the version of Capture NX 2 already installed, and then run this installer again. The installer will now quit.”

I purchased Capture NX2, in disc format, last year and have had no problems with it. It is now uninstalled and I cannot reinstall using the disc. I get the same message as shown above.

I have e-mailed Nikon support and am waiting for their response.

There is no question related to, "If you answer "Yes" then the installation will continue, removing the old version and then installing the newer version."

The installation does not go past the above message.

Gary

----
Gary

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Sat 30-Oct-10 06:10 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

The plastic disk container has the full product code on the back.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sat 30-Oct-10 11:08 AM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 5

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Cant answer this but as a matter of interest I recently used an official Uograde pack to take my NX to NX2. It went OK using the new code with the Upgrade disc but one problem occured until I saw what the message meant - ie the menu kept repeating itself with words to the affect that the installation could not complete.
Reason - it was necassary to use the upgrade to take NX to NX2 V.2.2.4 before going back to the Nikon site to upgrade that version to V2.2.5. ie had to do it in stages.
I have now also been able to go to V2.2.6 via Nikon UK downloads with no problem at all.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mburke Registered since 29th Dec 2004Sat 30-Oct-10 11:17 AM
125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 6

Rhinelander, US

Make sure you are downloading the version for your geographic area. I downloaded the International one and got the same messages you are getting. Then I downloaded the one for North America and it installed fine. It said there is an older version installed, do you want to overwrite? Answer yes. The same thing happened with View NX2. The file names for North America are as follows:

S-CNX2_-226WF-NSAEN-32bit_

S-VNX2_-203WF-NSAEN-32bit_

Good Luck,

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Sat 30-Oct-10 11:46 AM
#8. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 7

Mesa, US

>Make sure you are downloading the version for your geographic
>area. I downloaded the International one and got the same
>messages you are getting. Then I downloaded the one for North
>America and it installed fine. It said there is an older
>version installed, do you want to overwrite? Answer yes. The
>same thing happened with View NX2. The file names for North
>America are as follows:
>
>S-CNX2_-226WF-NSAEN-32bit_
>
>S-VNX2_-203WF-NSAEN-32bit_
>
>Good Luck,
>
>Mike

Thanks, the ViewNX was US, but the Capture was EU. I have installed 2.2.6 (US) and used the product key from my disc case and now am up and running.

Gary

----
Gary

jim2107 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jan 2006Sat 30-Oct-10 09:22 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 0

Bellevue, US

I experienced the same problem. I purchased 2.2.5 back in July and had it running then I read that 2.2.6 was out and the link gave the European website. I didn't think that would cause a problem. The installation process called for the removal of 2.2.5 - OK. But then it wanted the product key - so I entered the old one from the disk I purchased - NO GO. So then I removed 2.2.6 and reloaded 2.2.5 but now it won't accept the product key. I've contacted Nikon but they haven't provided a solution. Last night I sent them a copy of the receipt I had for the purchase of 2.2.5. I'll have to see if Monday brings an answer.

Jim Pyrzynski

wamco Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2008Sat 20-Nov-10 11:08 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 9

Houston, US

I've had the same problem. I commented on it in another thread. It looks like this is not an isolated problem. Short story, I tried to updgrade from NX 2.2.4 to NX 2.2.6, the installation wanted my product keys, it would accept my NX2 product key, but claims my NX1 product key is invalid. I've been on the phone with Nikon support, no quick fixes, they asked me to search for the proof of purchase for my NX1 and NX2 upgrade. No problem with NX2 (Nikon Mall purchase). But for NX1, I recall I bought it locally right after I got my D200 in early 2007 and I can't find any purchase records. I DO have the User's Manual and the CD in the case with the product key on the bottom...sure, software pirates can dupliate a CD and a case, but I wonder if they are also reprinting User manuals on glossy paper? Who knows.

I'll update this post when I get a resolution from Nikon. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING. I will NOT be purchasing a new version of NX2 simply out of principle and I will finally make the switch to Lightroom and get the Viveza plugin.

wamco Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2008Thu 25-Nov-10 03:26 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Capture NX2 upgrade, what am I doing wrong?"
In response to Reply # 10

Houston, US

I posted a more detailed explanation in another thread. short story here is that Nikon Support has restored my NX2 license after I sent in some very strong proof of purchase support for NX2 upgrade and some moderately strong proof of purchase for NX1 (it was all I had). I am quite grateful to Nikon for doing the right thing as I had purchased NX1 locally and NX2 via Nikon Mall...I was rightfully quite upset when they terminated my license after upgrading to 2.4.6

To Nikon Support, THANKS!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4056 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.