Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #404
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity" Previous topic | Next topic
zebozebo Registered since 03rd Jan 2010Sun 17-Jan-10 07:40 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"

US

Hi Gang-

I have the Wacom Intuos 3 tablet, with the latest driver, and I'm not getting any pressure sensitivity functions in Capture NX (latest version).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity
TiggerGTO Silver Member
19th Jan 2010
zebozebo
19th Jan 2010
TiggerGTO Silver Member
19th Jan 2010
hrbaan
21st Jan 2010
zebozebo
21st Jan 2010
hrbaan
21st Jan 2010
output555 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2010
zebozebo
22nd Jan 2010

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Tue 19-Jan-10 11:31 AM
2258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 0

Apex, US

I don't have any real suggestions. Do you have other programs you can try that have pressure sensitive functions? Are you on Mac or Windows? Have you played with the settings in the Wacom driver? I can't remember if there is anything in Wacom's driver settings that shows the result of changing pressure on the pen. What I'm trying to say is that it would be good if you can determine if this is a problem with the pen/tablet or with NX2.

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

zebozebo Registered since 03rd Jan 2010Tue 19-Jan-10 12:18 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi Danny~

I think it's an NX thing, as the pressure sensitivity works fine within the tablet's Settings mode (i.e. I can test, and set the sensitivity level).

Frustrating as NX has the option for pressure sensitivity, so it MUST be possible!

Anybody else?

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Tue 19-Jan-10 12:34 PM
2258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 19-Jan-10 12:34 PM by TiggerGTO

Apex, US

If you think it is an NX/NX2 specific problem, I would try looking at the Nikontech Support site. If you click the "Ask a Question" button, you will have to register to have a user ID. Maybe they can help, but given my experiences with Nikon's service for their software products, I would not hold my breath.

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

hrbaan Registered since 29th Oct 2005Thu 21-Jan-10 10:09 AM
1370 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 0

Kockengen, NL

Well, that's strange; I use an Intuos 3 tablet too and pressure sensitivity works just fine.

Have you set the right options for it?
Select the brush tool, you should then see the brush options, size, hardness, opacity, and pressure controls. Set this one to anything other than "none".

All should be fine now.

Hope this helps,

Hayo Baan – Photography
e-mail: info@hayobaan.nl
Web: http://www.hayobaan.nl

zebozebo Registered since 03rd Jan 2010Thu 21-Jan-10 11:59 AM
#5. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Hayo--What version driver are you using? I went back to an earlier driver, and it does work now, though with some error messages I have to keep x-ing out.

hrbaan Registered since 29th Oct 2005Thu 21-Jan-10 12:15 PM
1370 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 5

Kockengen, NL

I'm on Mac version 6.1.2-5.

If you're on windows, try reinstalling the version with which it did not work for you. I remember having strange problems with NX (e.g. displaced cursor) when using the tablet under windows, these went away after I reset the preferences (somewhere there's an option to do so). This may help in your case too.

Cheers,

Hayo Baan – Photography
e-mail: info@hayobaan.nl
Web: http://www.hayobaan.nl

output555 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2008Fri 22-Jan-10 12:37 PM
322 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 6

US

I was having pressure sensitivity problems with the new Wacom Fun where the pen was too twitchy and the pen strokes/brushes inconsistent. Wacom tech strongly recommended removing the driver completely, reinstalling the latest driver, repairing permissions (I'm on a Mac) and then restarting the computer. This seemed to clear up about 75% of the problem. I'm still having issues with the eraser not corresponding to the pen's stroke or brush size.

zebozebo Registered since 03rd Jan 2010Fri 22-Jan-10 01:30 PM
#8. "RE: Wacom and NX: no pressure sensitivity"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Yeah, the reinstalling and then installing latest driver worked. Thanks all.......love my Wacom on NX!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #404 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.