Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4001
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon NX2.2.6 Released" Previous topic | Next topic
charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 09:50 AM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
Wed 27-Oct-10 09:51 AM by charlie68

GB

Nikon NX2.2.6 downloaded and installed with no problems.

About this software
This software will update a previously installed full version of Capture NX v2.0 to v2.2.6. When using the software as an updater, it may be necessary to enter the product key again to confirm ownership of a previous version of the software.

Changes in this version
- Support for RAW images captured with the D7000 has been added.
- Support for Nikon Message Center 2 has been added.
- On systems where ViewNX 2 has been installed, Nikon Transfer 2 is now launched when the Launch Nikon Transfer button is clicked or Launch Nikon Transfer… is selected from the File menu.
- When Photo Effects... was selected from the Filter menu, and the Auto button in the Photo Effects palette was clicked multiple times, the Brightness value sometimes decreased. This issue has been resolved.
- When a RAW image captured with the D3100 using a Nikon Speedlight was saved in NEF format after adjustments under the Develop section of the Edit List had been applied, and the new NEF image was later opened, the adjustments applied were reflected in the image, but the adjustments and their values were not properly applied under the Develop section of the Edit List. This issue has been resolved.
However, even when such images saved with Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.5 are opened in Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.6, adjustments will not be properly applied. Adjustments must be reapplied using Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.6.

- When images were printed in landscape orientation with some printers, a portion of the images was not printed. This issue has been resolved.
- With some printers, when Printer... was selected from the Page Setup dialogue box and the OK button clicked, the values indicated for margins sometimes changed. This issue has been resolved.
- When arbitrary values were entered for margins in the Page Setup dialogue box and borderless printing was then selected in the Source, the margin values did not change to "0". This issue has been resolved.
- When Select Picture Size was selected in the Page layout dialogue box, image frame(s) in the preview window switched to portrait orientation. This issue has been resolved.
- When the insufficient memory message was displayed while running a batch process with multiple images open, image thumbnails sometimes became completely black. This issue has been resolved.
- When the Notify when completed box in the Processing Queue dialogue box was checked and the Processing Queue dialogue box closed while running a batch process, the Batch process has finished now. message was displayed several times. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that caused computers running Windows 7 to enter sleep mode during batch processing has been resolved.
- When multiple images open in the image window were adjusted using options in the Camera & Lens Corrections palette of the Edit List, an error message was displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- When Original was selected from the Version menu in the Edit List after editing or saving an image, the processing indicator rotated continuously and the original image was not displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- An error message was sometimes displayed when attempting to use the Selection Brush with some images. This issue has been resolved.
- When NRW images captured with the COOLPIX P7000 and a Nikon Speedlight were opened, Capture NX 2 froze. This issue has been resolved.

Charlie

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released
charlie68
27th Oct 2010
mklass Platinum Member
27th Oct 2010
cej_in_nc Silver Member
27th Oct 2010
davidd1833 Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
27th Oct 2010
charlie68
27th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
27th Oct 2010
magiclight
27th Oct 2010
robsb Platinum Member
28th Oct 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
27th Oct 2010
sirraj Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
28th Oct 2010
sirraj Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
28th Oct 2010
sirraj Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
sirraj Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
29th Oct 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
28th Oct 2010
wamco Silver Member
20th Nov 2010
wamco Silver Member
25th Nov 2010
sevtcard Silver Member
29th Oct 2010
fmurphy
27th Oct 2010
charlie68
28th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
28th Oct 2010
charlie68
28th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
28th Oct 2010
charlie68
28th Oct 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
28th Oct 2010
cej_in_nc Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
28th Oct 2010
LMMiller9 Silver Member
29th Oct 2010
Gandalf_22h Silver Member
29th Oct 2010
sirraj Silver Member
29th Oct 2010
charlie68
29th Oct 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
29th Oct 2010
charlie68
29th Oct 2010
rorywquin Silver Member
30th Oct 2010
greyface Gold Member
31st Oct 2010
sgeprods
11th Nov 2010
robsb Platinum Member
12th Nov 2010
charlie68
12th Nov 2010
sgeprods
12th Nov 2010
expat Silver Member
13th Nov 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
14th Nov 2010
seanmor
14th Nov 2010
charlie68
14th Nov 2010
seanmor
14th Nov 2010
Pipwheat
15th Nov 2010
sevtcard Silver Member
15th Nov 2010

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 09:57 AM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

This announcement was also made a couple of days ago:

It has come to our attention that product keys for Nikon software are being illegally sold and distributed from websites. We have confirmed the illegal sale and/or distribution of product keys for, as well as the unauthorised use of, the following products.

- Capture NX
- Capture NX 2
- Camera Control Pro
- Camera Control Pro 2

When unauthorised software use is confirmed in relation to the software license agreement, measures that prevent the use of Nikon software are implemented. Please contact Nikon if you believe that you have purchased an authentic product key, but the software indicates that the product key is unauthorized and the software can no longer be used.

When purchasing Nikon software, Nikon recommends purchasing CD package versions from stores and/or online retailers authorised to handle Nikon products, or from Nikon's own online shop (limited availability). Nikon's own online shop is the only online source for authentic Nikon software product keys. Nikon does not sell product keys for its software applications from any other e-commerce website.

Be aware that Nikon cannot be held responsible for any loss in profit or income resulting from the use of unauthorized product keys, except in cases where legal liability can be proven.

For more information regarding this matter, contact the Nikon Support Centre.

We hope that you will continue to choose Nikon for your photography needs.

Charlie.

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 27-Oct-10 10:42 AM
5959 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 1

Tacoma, US

As of this morning, the Nikon USA web site is still showing v 2.2.5 as the latest version, and neither version 1 nor version 2 of Message Center shows any update available.

Anybody found this in the US?

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

cej_in_nc Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jan 2009Wed 27-Oct-10 02:11 PM
101 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 2

Waynesville, US

Now available on US website
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17041

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Thu 28-Oct-10 01:33 AM
428 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 1

Sydney, AU

Please refer to the following thread for more information about Imagemixer and their illegal keys.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=139&topic_id=5941&mesg_id=5941&page=

Note that if you have purchased a key from Imagemixer it will be picked up and disabled by Nikon when you try to update your software.

David

My Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 05:33 PM
8680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 27-Oct-10 05:36 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

Note that this is a complete version - not an upgrade. Unlike 2.2.4, this version required the Product Key from Capture NX (either the original version or a purchased full version of Capture NX2) to register the product and run it.

I was able to find my Product Key online as I had registered it at Nikon USA. The Product Key from Capture NX2 did not work as I had purchased the upgrade from Capture NX.

If you are a previous user and do not have your product key, do not install the program as you cannot run the trial version either.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 06:57 PM
#5. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed 27-Oct-10 07:02 PM by charlie68

GB

Hi Eric,

Not sure what you are basing that on?

Both Nikon UK and USA say UPDATER.

I went through the NX1 to NX2 upgrade procedure and it didn't ask for any registration info.

Did you install on the same machine as you have been running 2.2.4 on? You didn't uninstall 2.2.4 first did you? No one else has mentioned problems.

Strange?

Charlie

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 07:24 PM
8680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 5
Wed 27-Oct-10 08:24 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

Just relaying the process I went through. It clearly would not let me use the program until I provided a product key.

The Nikon USA product download site also mentions the product key issue.

I did not uninstall the prior version. It did ask me first. I have previously deleted internet files and cookies, along with a bunch of other stuff so it could be related.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

magiclight Registered since 21st Dec 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 07:35 PM
102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 6

SE Michigan, US

On 32 bit Vista, 2.2.6 updated my 2.2.4 effortlessly and did not ask for the product key or a note from my mother!

I was pleasantly surprised.

Tom

The moment speaks to you, if you listen.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 28-Oct-10 02:43 AM
12817 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#11. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 6

San Jose, US

Eric:

I had 2.2.5 installed and when I ran the 2.2.6 exe, it just found my old installation and did the upgrade without asking for anything. It works just fine.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 07:39 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 5
Thu 28-Oct-10 03:17 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

The page that list all of the software updates, Where can I download Nikon software updates?, list the updates for Nikon ViewNX and Nikon Capture NX2 states: 'Full Version'.

From the UK site:
"About this software
This software will update a previously installed full version of Capture NX v2.0 to v2.2.6. When using the software as an updater, it may be necessary to enter the product key again to confirm ownership of a previous version of the software"

Apparently from the above wording this program maybe able to function as more than an 'updater'. I would take that to mean that the program is a full version.

Installs on both Windows Vista and XP for Nikon Capture NX2 and Nikon View NX2 both detected the old version and removed the old version. This would mean that the entire programs were updated by replacing the entire program with a full new program and an incremental (replacement of selected libraries or modules) update was not performed.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 11:24 AM
194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 4

Minneapolis, US

I originally purchased NX1 and the NX2 upgrade from Nikon (Nikon mall) and I have never had any trouble at all. Yesterday I installed the 2.2.6 update, which is actually a complete version and the software asked for my product keys. It says my product keys are invalid and won't accept either key. I registered NX2 with Nikon and I have the original emails from Nikon for both purchases. I called Nikon; they are looking into the problem. In the meantime, the Continue Trial button is disabled, so I can't use NX2 at all. I uninstalled 2.2.6 and reinstalled 2.2.4 and it also says my keys are not valid. Very frustrating considering I paid $149 for NX1 and $109 for the NX2 upgrade.

Sirraj

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 01:12 PM
#17. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 14

Atlanta, US

I got the same messaging - and roadblock until I provided the correct Product Key. It requires the Product Key from Capture NX - NX1 for simplicity.

If you have the original emails, you probably have the NX1 product key. If not, contact Nikon Support and provide the emails as proof if requested.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 02:05 PM
194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 17

Minneapolis, US

I do have the original emails and the NX1 and NX2 producet keys. They both say they are invalid.

Sirraj

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 02:27 PM
#19. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 18

Atlanta, US

I would call or email Nikon USA customer service. Hoepfully they can quickly resolve the issue.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 02:36 PM
#20. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 19

Minneapolis, US

Thanks, I called yesterday, spent a long time on hold. They said they would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours.

Sirraj

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 09:41 PM
#25. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 20

Minneapolis, US

Nikon emailed me a new product key today after I sent them my orginal receipts.

Sirraj

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 29-Oct-10 12:22 AM
#27. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 25

Atlanta, US

Great - good luck with the new version.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 10:31 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"

Chicago, US

See post below. Thom Hogan reports that Nikon has tightened its DRM, Digital Rights Managements, and refers to this Nikon USA Support post:

Important announcement regarding illegally sold Nikon software product keys.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

wamco Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2008Sat 20-Nov-10 10:47 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#48. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"

Houston, US

Ditto the above experience. Last week I was running Capture NX 2.2.4. Yesterday, I tried to upgrade to 2.2.6 and now I have NO functioning version of Capture NX on my desktop. I have two legitimate product keys, but the upgrade process will not validate the NX1 product key. I've been on the phone with Nikon support. They walked me through several fixes, none of them worked. They've asked me to gather my purchase records for both NX1 and the NX2 upgrade. Fortunately, I have an email with the purchase record for NX2 but I do not have anything for NX1....I recall buying it locally after I bought my first Nikon camera. I DO have an NX1 User's Manual and the CD for NX1. If need be, I'll send all that in to Nikon.

I understand Nikon's attempt to eliminate illegal copies of their software, but they ought to do it at the time you install the software if it has an invalid product key. Why do they bother to request it when we install the software??? Plus they should certainly be more careful in discontinuing our use of legitimate software. I am EXTREMELY dissappointed with them. I have a project to get completed and now I'll end up using my laptop to edit my raw files which is like watching paint dry with their notoriously slow software.

Nikon really screwed up on this upgrade. If they don't restore my license, while I can probably afford to buy a new version of NX2, I won't. I'll finally make the switch to Lightroom and I'll be one step closer to switching back to the "other guys" hardware as well.

wamco Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2008Thu 25-Nov-10 03:21 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#49. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 48

Houston, US

Good News! Reference my post above ("ditto the above experience").
Well, Nikon has restored my Capture NX2 license after I had lost the software following my upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.6

I'm still disappointed in the way they handled this attempt to clean up unauthorized software, but they absolutely came through in my situation and did the right thing. Following a call to Nikon Support, they asked me to send in some proof of purchase. For NX2 I had a confirmation email from Nikon Mall. For NX1, I purchased it locally and only had the CD, a CD cover with the product key and a user's manual so I sent in a scanned image of each (for the manual, just the cover). After waiting only 48 hours, I received an email with a new product key for NX 2.4.6 and it worked fine.

I can sympathize with the folks who purchased an unauthorized copy from that outfit in Canada as they did not knowingly do anything wrong. A little advice to Nikon (if you're listening). Please focus your efforts on the illicit vendors and try not to upset your core customers...the Capture NX2 users are not your consumer point-and-shoot crowd. We spend quite a bit of money on your DSLR's, flashes and lenses. There are/were other ways to handle this issue. In my situation, I greatly appreciate your response. I'm going to spend the night editting some photos!

sevtcard Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Mar 2009Fri 29-Oct-10 09:10 PM
328 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#34. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 4

Brattleboro, US

seamless update to win 7 64bit, no product key required, runs fine...

mark
www.broadwallphotography.com

fmurphy Registered since 29th Jul 2006Wed 27-Oct-10 11:43 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 0

Umbarger, US

Just a note to my fellow Nikonians out there.....in regards to online sites that are selling CNX2. Imagemixer.net out of Canada is one of those sites. I turned in a complaint to the BBB which followed up and they refuse to reply to any inquiry and they have an F grade through the BBB. I was one of the unfortunate people to get scammed by this company.
Not trying to rant on here. Just trying to raise awareness so you don't lose your hard earned $$$$ like I did and not be able to upgrade your software.
Frank

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Thu 28-Oct-10 07:53 AM
#12. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 9

GB

Eric,

There have been other instances of what you had to go through. One was over here in the UK so it is not a Region Specific Problem.

Unfortunately the guy over here was not able to find or prove his ownership!

I, for one, did not do a backup image of my PCs before installation which would have got me out of trouble (?) but fortunately I still have my CD cases and s/nos etc in any case.

Charlie

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 10:54 AM
#13. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 12

Atlanta, US

I had a normal upgrade installation on my Vista PC. No product key was required.

The process was exactly the same on both machines - and both were running 2.2.5.

As Charlie said - make sure you retain your documentation.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Thu 28-Oct-10 12:46 PM
#15. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 13

GB

Eric,

Just to clarify........

It wanted the original NX serial number and not the NX2 Upgrade Number?

Charlie

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 01:06 PM
#16. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 15

Atlanta, US

Charlie

Yes - it was specifically requested the Capture NX Product Key and would not accept the Product Key for Capture NX2 from my upgrade purchase.

Thinking back, that upgrade from original Capture NX to Capture NX2 also required the Capture NX Product Key even though it was installed and running on my PC at the time.

I'm sure they are simply trying to control unauthorized resellers, but it does seem odd that they are so restrictive.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Thu 28-Oct-10 04:24 PM
#21. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 16
Thu 28-Oct-10 04:28 PM by charlie68

GB

What surprises me is the inconsistency of it.

I haven't had to provide numbers since installing NX2 as an upgrade to my original NX 1.x.

I have updated every release and still have not had to provide numbers.

There must be a common denominator somewhere but I can't figure it.

Charlie.

P.S. This forum really annoys me with replies being placed in seemingly random positions. Reply 20 comes before reply 9. Am I doing something wrong?

OK cancel that - found it.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 05:14 PM
#22. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 21
Thu 28-Oct-10 05:33 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Viewing post can be in one of 2 modes, the linear mode or the threaded mode.

In the threaded mode, the replies are grouped by the post being responded to and not the time of the post. So if poster correctly responds to a post, their post will appear indented under that post being responded to.

In the linear mode, there is no indenting but the post are also not sorted by response number or time of posting.

In both modes, the post being responded to is listed at the top of the individual post and that notation is also a link to that post.

This apparent random posting allows subtopics or threads within the the much larger original post responses.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

cej_in_nc Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jan 2009Thu 28-Oct-10 06:29 PM
101 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 21

Waynesville, US

Thom Hogan has some comments regarding license keys for Capture NX2.
http://www.bythom.com/index.htm
(Several paragraphs down.)

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 28-Oct-10 06:40 PM
#24. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 23

Chicago, US

If you are looking at the above post at a later date and the comment has scrolled off the page, the date is October 28, 2010 and the title is "Nikon is Not a Software Company". There is discussion about DRM (Digital Right Management) and how Nikon has restricted the number of times a product can be updated before one needs to contact Nikon support. The link to the reference Nikon USA notice:

Important announcement regarding illegally sold Nikon software product keys

George
My Nikonian Galleries

LMMiller9 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2005Fri 29-Oct-10 04:04 AM
1099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#28. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 0

Potomac, US

I just downloaded and installed the update on a Windows 7 machine and it did not ask for any serial number and it seems to be running fine. I hope this solves the crashing problem. Haven't used it enough to judge yet.

Larry Miller, Potomac, MD
DF/D800
http://www.pbase.com/lmmiller9
http://lmmillerphotography.smugmug.com/

Gandalf_22h Silver Member Charter MemberFri 29-Oct-10 09:47 AM
996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#29. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 0

Runcorn, GB

Seamless install on Win XP-Pro sp3 in the UK. Detected my old version and asked if I wanted to continue. Not asked for licence key.

Nikonian from Cheshire UK
per digitus ad astra

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Fri 29-Oct-10 11:46 AM
#30. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 29

Minneapolis, US

The email from Nikon said that I had activated NX too many times. I built my own computer and upgrade it often. I upgraded from Windows XP to Vista then to Windows 7. Each time I re-installed Windows I had to re-install NX. After I sent proof that I owned both NX1 and NX2, Nikon sent me a new product key. I asked how to transfer the software to a new computer or how to recover from a hard drive failure; all they said was that I can install the software on two computers. If they are going to keep track of how many times their sofware is installed, they need to keep track of how many times it's been un-installed too. I understand Nikon's need to protect their software, but I believe I should have the right to move the software that I paid for to another computer.

Sirraj

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Fri 29-Oct-10 01:44 PM
#31. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 30
Fri 29-Oct-10 01:45 PM by charlie68

GB

As stated previously I had no issues with the installation(s).

However, my main (desktop) machine has never been connected to the Internet, so Nikon would not know how many times I have updated the software on that machine. I wonder if turning the connection OFF during installation would prevent NX2 "calling home" or would it just happen later?

It obviously doesn't NEED to call home otherwise my Desktop Installation would have failed.

Charlie.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 29-Oct-10 02:33 PM
#32. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 31

Chicago, US

My XP was not connected to the internet and required me to enter the CD Key. The software in the system could also be tracking the number of installs on the machine or there could a series of serial numbers that Nikon has listed as requiring checking or needing to have the user contact Nikon support.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Fri 29-Oct-10 05:24 PM
#33. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 32

GB

Thanks George - that's eliminated another possibility.

Charlie

rorywquin Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Apr 2006Sat 30-Oct-10 11:41 PM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#35. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 29

AU

Ditto

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Sun 31-Oct-10 03:00 AM
1584 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#36. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 0

New Bedford, US

Add me to the list of people who "mistakenly" bought Capture NX from imagermixer. After an hour of uninstalling, downloading and reinstalling I found both the NX and NX2 product numbers are invalid. Have no receipt for NX. Both numbers have been registered at the Nikon website for over 2 years and were verified by them last year when I changed computers and got the product numbers for NX2 mixed up.
Am in the middle of a project so I had to bite the bullet and order the full version from one of the "authorized dealers". Guess I should have done that to begin with.

-------------------
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you." - The Hitchhikers Guide

sgeprods Registered since 11th Nov 2010Thu 11-Nov-10 07:59 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#37. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 36

AU

Hi people, I am new to this forum & although I wish my first post was under better circumstances, its the arrogance of Nikon that has made me want to vent my anger.

I too have been caught up in the imagemixer farce. I purchased the software from imagemixer in 2008, unaware of the fact that they were supposedly selling illegal keys. However, In 2009 I upgraded the NX2 direct with Nikon Australia & no problems there. Nikon took my money no questions asked.

The software has been working fine until I attempted to install the last upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have been going backward & forward with some nameless idiot at Nikon who just keeps closing the case & is not in the least bit interested in my point of view.

I guess I have to cop it on the chin as far as imagemixer is concerned but despite my repeated requests for Nikon Australia to at least refund the $129 they charged me for the LEGAL upgrade I purchased they simply will not come to the party & just keep closing my support case.

To be honest I am not sure who the biggest thief is here imagemixer or Nikon. Such a shocking way to for Nikon treat loyal customers.

Steve.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 12-Nov-10 12:29 AM
12817 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#38. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 37

San Jose, US

I would take it higher in the chain. first call back the tech and ask of his boss and then his bosses boss. If you got a legal copy from Nikon AU, they should honor your purchase. If those efforts fail, then write directly to the President of Nikon.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Fri 12-Nov-10 02:15 PM
#39. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 38

GB

Steve,

It seems to me that you now want a LEGAL copy of NX1 to upgrade from?

There might be an odd copy out there somewhere (cheap) which would allow you to legally upgrade from.

The only problem would be if they have closed down your legal upgrade as well as the illegal original?

Charlie.

sgeprods Registered since 11th Nov 2010Fri 12-Nov-10 08:21 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#40. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 39

AU

Hi fellas,

Thanks for the input. I gave up on the Nikon support way of trying to resolve this & sent an email to the sales people & every other address I could find on their site. Got a reply this morning, they will refund my money after all, or I can upgrade to the full 'legal' version for a price, but they haven't said what that cost would be as yet.

They have made it very clear they are not obliged too. I beg to differ but there you go.

I guess that restores some faith in Nikon but why does it have to go down the road of shaking the tree for two weeks before somebody with some sense realizes that everything is not black & white & not resolved by just pointing me too an list of FAQs.

Cheers & once again thanks for the input.

Steve.

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sat 13-Nov-10 12:00 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#41. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 40

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Just thought I would mention that I had what I thought at the time was a legal copy NX2 from Imagmixer. I had no problem with them at all, they were as good as gold and replied to queries within minutes and solved them too.

However having read all the blurb I decided to go 'properly' legal.
Already had completely legal NX1, had it for a long time so I tried to do the easiest of things and use the simple upgrade offered on the Nikon site for about 100 pounds but Nikon was where I stumbled.
No you cant download it from us because you are in Malta, dont care if you are English, dont care if you have paypal, Uk Visa, debit cards and UK bank accounts, dont care if you have Maltese (EU Country)accounts & Visa. Malta is not on our site list of countries so there !!!
No we will not supply you with the full version either.
Now if I lived in any other country in the world that would be OK.

In the end I had to get the legal upgrade software from the UK but by buying it in a box and bringing it here.

Dont understand why Nikon are so nasty to money paying customers when it comes to certain things when their helplines can be very helpful about other things eg queries on actual camera software or problems with operating a camera etc.

I came so close to giving up and getting PS but had just bought a D700 and already have D50 & D200 and preffering to stick with averything Nikon - not that thay care.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 14-Nov-10 01:11 AM
#42. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 41

Chicago, US

Nikon is not the only software seller. Adobe requires online activation of its software. You want to move the software to another computer, you need to 'Deactivate' it first so you online install count will allow for the move. Then do not do this more than 8 times or you will need to contact Adobe about too many activations. But this issue tends to only bother software developers and testers. Microsoft can have problems with a rebuild because of how they have an algorithm that tracks your hardware and their software configuration for controlling legal copies.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

seanmor Registered since 06th Oct 2007Sun 14-Nov-10 02:11 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#43. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 42

Kilmarnock, GB

Hi All,
Just like a number of other Nikonians here I also had problems with the upgrade from NX 2.2.4 to NX2.2.6 and believing that I had a Legitimate copies of the NX soft wear and not having had any problems in the past with several upgrades from 2006, I contacted Nikon for their Help

The Following is my e-mail contact with Nikon,

Hi, Can you help please
I originally purchased Capture NX version (1), Product Key n/o (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).
then upgrade to Capture NX2 with Product Key n/o (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) from the Nikon web site see attached e-mail and I have never had any trouble upgrading until Yesterday when I installed the 2.2.6 update, after the installation was completed I was asked to re-enter both my product keys. After doing this it says my product keys are invalid and won't accept either key.
As a Nikon Professional User I have my Nikon D700 and lenses and Capture NX and NX2 registered with Nikon and I have the original email from Nikon for the purchases of NX2 see attachment.
As a result of this I can't use NX2 at all. I have tried uninstalling 2.2.6 and reinstalled 2.2.4 but it also says my keys are not valid.

Kind regards John.
04/11/2010 | 08:51 AM

Dear John,

Thank you for your email,

Thank you for supplying the relevant proofs of ownership. I can confirm that you do have a genuine key and have requested a replacement key to allow you to use the software correctly. The request for this is currently being processed and I will reply to you as soon as a new key has been allocated to you. This should be with you shortly.

Kind Regards,

Nikon Europe Pro Support
04/11/2010 | 09:45 AM

Dear John,

Thank you for your patience,

It would appear that it is your Capture NX 1 key which is causing the issue. Please accept my apologies for the inconvience but could you please supply the proof of purchase or ownership of this product?
A purchase receipt and image of the product with the serial number clearly visible would be ideal.

Kind Regards,

Nikon Europe Pro Support
05/11/2010 | 10:39 AM

Hi Xxxxxx,

I don’t have any proof of purchase or the CD for my original copy of Capture NX 1.
I purchased it as a down load from a company trading by the name of (XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXX) 4 years ago in 2006/7 they advertised it as being a genuine Nikon product and supplied the software and product key as a download,
When Capture NX 1 was changed to NX 2 I purchased the upgrade on 06/10/08 paying £79.00 and for that I have supplied a copy of the order purchase number and Product Key number in my previous communication,
If the problem is with the NX1 software and I can’t prove it’s genuine how do I resolve this issue?
Also added to that I have Colour Efex Pro 3 Complete filters plugin for capture NX2 from Nik software of which I have the proof of purchase and that is also now redundant!

Kind regards John
08/11/2010 | 09:39 AM

Dear John,

Thank you for your reply.

As a goodwill gesture Nikon have decided to issue you with a new product key for Capture NX, as supplied below. This is a genuine key which has only been supplied to you. Please ensure that this key is not supplied to any users as its use has been registered to your details.

When activating this key please bear in mind the license agreement and that it can only be activated on 2 separate computers.

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

We suggest that you register your product key online in your Nikon account. This will ensure that the product key is kept safe for future reference.

Kind Regards,

Nikon Europe Professional Support
08/11/2010 | 01:04 PM

I have now registered the new product Key and NX2 is back up and running again.
Nikon never said if the Product Key that I had for NX was legit or not and all I did was give them the facts and thankfully they responded positively.

Kind regards To all John

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Sun 14-Nov-10 04:15 PM
#44. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 43

GB

Good news!

Charlie

seanmor Registered since 06th Oct 2007Sun 14-Nov-10 08:07 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#45. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 44

Kilmarnock, GB

>Good news!

Hi Charly,

Yes it sure was I'm pleased with the outcome,

Cheers John

Pipwheat Registered since 07th Jul 2010Mon 15-Nov-10 12:00 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#46. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 45

GB

Does anyone know if this version overcomes the well documented issues with i7 Core processors?

sevtcard Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Mar 2009Mon 15-Nov-10 11:06 PM
328 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#47. "RE: Nikon NX2.2.6 Released"
In response to Reply # 46

Brattleboro, US

i have an i7 980x with 12 gigs memory on win 7 64 bit...nx2 has been running smoothly (though slower than i would like...), but for the well known memory issue, which has been predominant in 32 bit and 64 bit systems...and is a real pain the a..
mark
www.broadwallphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #4001 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.