Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3971
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX 2 crashing CaptureNX 2" Previous topic | Next topic
chipnc Registered since 03rd Dec 2008Mon 25-Oct-10 08:04 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX 2 crashing CaptureNX 2"

Raleigh, US

My computer finds it difficult to run ViexNX 2 and CaptureNX 2 at the same time. When editing photos in Capture NX2, usually during the crop and resize step, the program crashes. There is no problem with just running CaptureNX 2 or the old ViewNX with CaptureNX 2. Perhaps bumping up to 4 GB RAM might help.

Usually, Windows gathers program crash data and queries for a solution. Does anyone know if Nikon ViewNX 2 Product Manager or Developers are getting this feedback from users in the field? If not, where is a good place to submit issues?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

LMMiller9 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2005Tue 26-Oct-10 12:51 PM
1100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX 2 crashing CaptureNX 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Potomac, US

I would recommend a minimum of 8GB of RAM. 4 GB is not enough to run those programs and photo files, plus other apps that are running in the background, and the memory consumed by Windows itself.

Larry Miller, Potomac, MD
DF/D800
http://www.pbase.com/lmmiller9
http://lmmillerphotography.smugmug.com/

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 08:38 PM
8695 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX 2 crashing CaptureNX 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

I don't have any problem running both View NX2 and Capture NX2 concurrently on either a Vista Home Premium machine with 4GB of RAM, or an XP machine with 2 GB of RAM. It does not require 8GB for Windows.

I have seen some problems moving between programs - especially if your machine is still saving steps for edits. Generally I try to edit a single image at a time in Capture - saving and closing before selecting another image.

The Windows error report is worthless for this type of error - it simply refers you to the provider of the software.

Can you replicate the error and share the exact steps you are taking to create the crash?

You might want to uninstall both versions of View (View NX and NX2) and reinstall a fresh download of View NX2.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

chipnc Registered since 03rd Dec 2008Mon 06-Dec-10 07:40 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ViewNX 2 crashing CaptureNX 2"
In response to Reply # 2

Raleigh, US

Having much more success running ViewNX2 after installing a new hard drive and upgrading to Win 7 – 64 bit. Thanks for all your feedback.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3971 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.