nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3959
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's" Previous topic | Next topic
hawkie Registered since 22nd Mar 2008Sun 24-Oct-10 01:51 PM
1028 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"

US

I just got the new D7000 a little while ago and have been getting some pretty good images. I know NX2 can not process the RAW's, but my question is, does anybody know when Nikon is going to come out with the update so it will be able to process them?

I just did a whole series of shots and somehow the setting got switched to only shoot RAW, so I can't process any of them. I there any way I can convert them or any program I can use to process them?

Any help will be appreciated!

Joey

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills
24th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
24th Oct 2010
charlie68
26th Oct 2010
Len Shepherd Gold Member
26th Oct 2010
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills
26th Oct 2010
charlie68
26th Oct 2010
26th Oct 2010
charlie68
26th Oct 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
26th Oct 2010
charlie68
26th Oct 2010
DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine
26th Oct 2010
charlie68
27th Oct 2010
Cobalt
27th Oct 2010
charlie68
27th Oct 2010

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 24-Oct-10 03:12 PM
29328 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, UK

The latest version of Nikon View NX 2 (which you should have received with your D7000) is able to read NEF files from the camera, and output them in other formats

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 24-Oct-10 03:16 PM
8906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 24-Oct-10 03:19 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

And there is no update of Capture NX2 - version 2.2.5 is still the latest and it does not handle D7000 RAW files. It will handle other formats converted via View NX2. My guess is you could "Save As" an NEF format and make changes non-destructive. The changes in View NX are probably ones most critical to a RAW file.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Tue 26-Oct-10 08:32 AM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 2

UK

View NX has been updated to V2.0.3.

Camera Control has also been updated - NX2.2.6 next?

Charlie

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Tue 26-Oct-10 08:42 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, UK

By way of background Nikon makes updates of software available from it's websites the day it officially releases new camera bodies.
If you buy a "just out" camera body and have software loaded which predates it's release all that is needed is a quick software update from Nikon's websites.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 26-Oct-10 09:03 AM
29328 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 4

Paignton, UK

>By way of background Nikon makes updates of software
>available from it's websites the day it officially releases
>new camera bodies.

Usually, yes - but in this case there has not yet been a Capture NX2 update for the D7000.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Tue 26-Oct-10 12:10 PM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 5

UK

Brian,

Has the D7000 hit the shops in the UK yet?

Charlie

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 26-Oct-10 12:23 PM
#8. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 7

Paignton, UK

>Has the D7000 hit the shops in the UK yet?

Not that I know of

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Tue 26-Oct-10 04:48 PM
#9. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 8
Tue 26-Oct-10 04:48 PM by charlie68

UK

Then they are not late releasing the NX2.2.6 update for the D7000.

Phew!

Charlie

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 26-Oct-10 05:41 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 9

Chicago, US

Nikon deals in a global market and some users in the U.S. are complaining about not being able to open their D7000 Nef files.

Acrobat Labs has made available a pre-release version of ACR 6.3 that supports the D7000.

There are also rumors about a major version revision for Nikon Capture NX, so there could be a whole new version of Capture NX that includes the ability to support more of the Nik Software plugins.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Tue 26-Oct-10 07:23 PM
#11. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 10

UK

Could be, George.

But that will be AFTER the release of NX 2.2.6

Charlie

DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine Nikonian since 12th Mar 2003Tue 26-Oct-10 07:42 PM
3334 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

You should see CNX 2.2.6 VERY VERY SOON.

-Jason

Jason P. Odell
Colorado Nikonian
Author, The Photographer's Guide series of eBooks
Capture NX, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Digital Landscapes

www.luminescentphoto.com

Read my blog

Listen to The Image Doctors

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 10:53 AM
#13. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 12

UK

NX2.2.6 dowloaded and installed.

Charlie

Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008Wed 27-Oct-10 12:48 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 13

US

Charlie,

Can you share with us where you located 2.2.6.

Nikon USA support for software updates web page is not displaying 2.2.6????

charlie68 Registered since 25th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 01:35 PM
#15. "RE: Capture NX2 - D7000 RAW's"
In response to Reply # 14

UK

Here:

(Click on software downloads) - if you are not in the UK it might be advisable to wait until it is posted for your region.

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/

Charlie.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3959 Previous topic | Next topic