nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
PAStime

Kingston, CA
2673 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009
Sat 09-Oct-10 11:31 AM | edited Sat 09-Oct-10 11:35 AM by PAStime

Hello,

Thought I'd play with View NX2 for a bit. Looks nice and has some nice features. I see you can't save a JPG from a NEF if it has been edited by Capture NX2. And you can't view a RAW image's RAW data if it has been edited by Capture NX2. Bummer.

But something else I saw is bothering me a bit: if you click on the RAW button in the upper left of a full screen image, the tool churns for a few seconds and then displays the RAW file instead of the RAW file's embedded preview image. So why do they look different? It seems to get a bit brighter and more contrasty. In addition, once you've looked at the RAW and go back to non-RAW (the preview version), it doesn't change back in terms of brightness and contrast. Anyone else see this? Any ideas?

Peter

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 raw versus preview

G