nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3673
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 - Can't see focus points" Previous topic | Next topic
flashpixx Registered since 10th Jul 2010Thu 23-Sep-10 10:21 AM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 - Can't see focus points"

AU

just downloaded View NX2 specifically so I can review the focus points. When viewing a small number of images in a folder it works fine, if I point View at a folder with 1,200 images only the first two images show the focus points. I shoot at least 1,200 images at an event, and would prefer not to have to put them in 100 folders!

Running Win 7 Home on an i5 M430 @ 2.27 MHz with 4 mb Ram.

Best Regards

Gordon

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 - Can't see focus points
PAStime Silver Member
23rd Sep 2010
Ciderfish Silver Member
23rd Sep 2010
cliddell Silver Member
26th Sep 2010
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
23rd Sep 2010
robcran Silver Member
27th Sep 2010

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Thu 23-Sep-10 11:57 AM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 - Can't see focus points"
In response to Reply # 0

Kingston, CA

Hi. I just looked at a folder with 961 images and could see the focus point in the thumbnails throughout. I viewed a bunch of images near the beginning and near the end and focus point was visible. So I can report that it works correctly in some circumstances. I am using ViewNX 2.0.1 Peter

Ciderfish Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2008Thu 23-Sep-10 01:47 PM
115 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX2 - Can't see focus points"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

Hi Gordon,

Had a look at large folders of pictures in my copy of View NX2.

Some have focus points, others don't. But unlike your experience these are spread throughout the folder.

I commonly use the 'AF On' button to focus, so my focus mode is generally AF-C. In my case, I wonder if it is to do with the release / focus priority setting, or maybe it is just my technique.

Is there a Autofocus setting change between your first two shots and the rest?

Have you got the old View NX installed to compare it's behaviour? (or maybe check it Capture NX - in my case it behaves the same)

Kevin
A Nikonian in the West Country

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sun 26-Sep-10 01:39 PM
1007 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: View NX2 - Can't see focus points"
In response to Reply # 2

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Kevin,
"I commonly use the 'AF On' button to focus, so my focus mode is generally AF-C. In my case, I wonder if it is to do with the release / focus priority setting, or maybe it is just my technique."
===

I think I recall reading (or just noticing) that, when using Continuous Focus (or Manual Focus) the focus points are not shown. I only use "Single" and all my images show the focus point. Another observation is that in order to display the focus point the curser needs to be inside the image pane.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 23-Sep-10 02:50 PM
35437 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: View NX2 - Can't see focus points"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

You may be running out of RAM. An expansion to 8GB would work wonders.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

robcran Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Mon 27-Sep-10 04:44 AM
859 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: View NX2 - Can't see focus points"
In response to Reply # 0

Westleigh, AU

Gordon,

I second Clive's explanation. I use AF-ON and continuous AF and the focus points don't show. This reminds me to check whether the focus points show on the LCD screen of my D300. I have that particular display option switched off so I've never noticed.

Robert
Sydney Nikonian

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3673 Previous topic | Next topic