nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #3581
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX not working" Previous topic | Next topic
FredL   Gaithersburg, US  Registered since 14th Mar 2007 Thu 16-Sep-10 12:52 AM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX not working"

All of a sudden View NX can't work on my system. Whenever I try to lauch it, I always get the error message "View NX has stopped working", the screen fades and the Windows circle keeps chugging along. Anyone have any remedies for this?
Fred

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community   Atlanta, US  Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005 Thu 16-Sep-10 10:46 AM
9111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX not working"
In response to Reply # 0

Fred

Welcome to Nikonians - but sorry to hear about your problem.

Try uninstalling and then install again. Install a fresh download of View NX2. It's been pretty stable for most people.

Are there other programs running that might conflict with View NX?

What operating system are you running?

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

FredL   Gaithersburg, US  Registered since 14th Mar 2007 Tue 21-Sep-10 11:26 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX not working"
In response to Reply # 1

Eric,
Thanks for the suggestions. Re-installation of View NX and upgrading from the Nikon download center fixed the problem. I think the problem all along was Vista, although it ran View NX fine for over a year. Go figure.
Fred

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #3581 Previous topic | Next topic