nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
NikonianBG

Sofia, BG
19 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NikonianBG Registered since 23rd Feb 2009
Sun 29-Aug-10 04:20 PM

Hi, dear Nikonians,
I would like to know whether you have any problems with Nikon software and how do you cope with them?

Several days ago I downloaded View NX2, but the following occurred many times while viewing photos and exporting them to Capture NX2: Unsupported file format appeared at some time while viewing RAW files and I have to restart the program, so that I can view again the raw files. This is really very irritating. The same happened lately while using View NX, not to mention its slower work in general. Or View NX has stopped working and I have to restart the program. It is easy to transfer images from View NX to the Capture but with all those problems I decided to use FastStone Image Viewer.

I also have problems with Capture NX2. It will not copy the adjustments sometimes or copy them partially, which is also very annoying. Several times, while it was loaded with 10-12 photos, it would display: An error occurred and Capture NX2 has stopped working , I had to close it without remembering which photos I have chosen, of course. This really infuriates me.

There are no problems whatsoever while opening raw or jpg files with Photoshop and working with it, and it is also very fast on both my computers. The thing is that I am very bad at using Photoshop and it is easier for me to use Capture NX2 for simple editing.
I have newly installed Windows 7 64bit on two powerful computers. The same problem occurred on another 64bit Win 7 computer.

Is it the same with you and do you have any suggestions for solving those problems? Thank you for your attention.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problems with Nikon software?!
     Reply message RE: Problems with Nikon soft ware?!
          Reply message RE: Problems with Nikon soft ware?!

G