Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #336
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 vs. Lightroom" Previous topic | Next topic
georgeahern Registered since 16th Nov 2008Sat 26-Dec-09 11:32 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 vs. Lightroom"

US

I have been using Lightroom but I am currently trying the trial version of Capture but I find Capture difficult and cumbersome. Are there tutorials I can get for it??

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 27-Dec-09 08:06 AM
12728 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 vs. Lightroom"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

If you find it difficult andcumbersome you definitely need tutorials. Start with the many lessons on Nikons site and then check out UTube where you will find many more. If you decide to get the final version buy Dr. Jay's book and Vincent Versace's DVD's. NX2 should be very easy to use.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

JGD Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Oct 2006Sun 27-Dec-09 11:27 PM
526 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 vs. Lightroom"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

George,
I second the recommendations of Bob, and post this web link that covers a lot of what is available.

Jim

http://dptnt.com/2008/09/the-ultimate-nikon-capture-nx-and-nx2-resource-guide/

mobius32 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 29-Dec-09 01:30 AM
207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 vs. Lightroom"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>I have been using Lightroom but I am currently trying the
>trial version of Capture but I find Capture difficult and
>cumbersome. Are there tutorials I can get for it??

I found NX2 easy to use but a little cumbersome until I started using it with View NX (which is Nikon's free browser). What I mean is that I used to open NX2, increase the file to 100 percent, etc; and it seemed that when I opened it to 100 percent I was resizing, moving, etc, etc ... then I figured out that I can download; open View NX, view photos at 100 percent automatically, click on the NX2 and NX2 opens and allows me to edit immediately. Perhaps all this has occurred to you; but it made using NX2 a lot easier (but I do like NX2). Now, I've never used Lightroom; but I'm not taking 100+ photos per week. The only reason at present that makes me think about getting Lightroom is Silver Efex ....

Visit http://alankarma.com/

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #336 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.