Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3351
View in linear mode

Subject: "Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Sturgdw51 Registered since 22nd May 2009Thu 26-Aug-10 05:07 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"

Brisbane, AU

I have just attempted to install the upgrade of Capture NX and after recognising a previous version, it obviously interrogated the license # and concluded mine was invalid.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

The only thing I can think of that may be tripping this up is that I purchased my copy in Canada, but this install is n Australia. But surely Nikon would have considered that possibility in these days of migration all over the planet.

Daryl

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Va...
robsb Platinum Member
26th Aug 2010
Sturgdw51
26th Aug 2010
Davidjay Silver Member
26th Aug 2010
Sturgdw51
26th Aug 2010
Slohand1 Silver Member
26th Aug 2010
Sturgdw51
27th Aug 2010
davidd1833 Silver Member
28th Aug 2010
nightcat
26th Aug 2010
expat Silver Member
27th Aug 2010
nightcat
27th Aug 2010
expat Silver Member
27th Aug 2010
davidd1833 Silver Member
27th Aug 2010
fmurphy
02nd Sep 2010

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 26-Aug-10 05:34 AM
12826 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

If you had the old version installed with the same license number, try reinstalling the update and if that fails I would give Nikon a call, and tell them what is happening. I don't think it makes any difference where you purchased the SW as long as you got a valid license in the first place. If you recently upgraded to Win 7 the license number may have been trashed, so maybe you want to reinstall the old version and then try the update.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Sturgdw51 Registered since 22nd May 2009Thu 26-Aug-10 07:10 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 1

Brisbane, AU

Bob,

The install offered the option to abort the upgrade before it started trashing the old version, so it was not an issue in that regard.

I am not having significant issues with the old version, so I'll play conservative I think, and wait for a bit.

Davidjay Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Thu 26-Aug-10 06:39 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 0

Cardiff, GB

Hi Daryl

I expereienced exactly the same problem when I updated to Ver 2.2.5. I had purchased my Capture NX2 update key in 2008 from Image Mixer which is based in Canada.
I contacted Nikon UK and they informed me that they were aware of some invalid keys from Image Mixer; they advised me to contact the company. I emailed them yesterday, without much hope and I almost immediately received a replacement key.

Good luck

Regards

David

Sturgdw51 Registered since 22nd May 2009Thu 26-Aug-10 09:48 PM
#5. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu 26-Aug-10 10:11 PM by Sturgdw51

Brisbane, AU

David,

Small world. My problematic copy and Key came from ImageMixer as well.

They have responded to my email as in your case. The explanation offered: "We're not sure what the current issue may be but it seems to be a technical problem with the latest version 2.2.5 of the software. We are currently working on a fix."

Daryl

Slohand1 Silver Member Charter MemberThu 26-Aug-10 10:39 PM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 5
Thu 26-Aug-10 10:41 PM by Slohand1

Los Angeles, US

Hello Daryl:

Over at NikonUSA under the Product Support for CNX2 it speaks about ImageMixer.net not being an authorized seller/licensee of Nikon software. If you read the response provided by Nikon-it indicates that the Key Codes issued by ImageMixer.net are invalid and will not work.

Hope this helps,

Marty

Sturgdw51 Registered since 22nd May 2009Fri 27-Aug-10 01:35 AM
#7. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 6

Brisbane, AU

That's interesting. I thought I saw on their site that they were an authorised Nikon dealer, but can't find it now.

How have they been able to continue trading, without Nikon taking them down?

Daryl

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Sat 28-Aug-10 01:44 AM
428 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 2

Sydney, AU

Check with Nikon if the new key is legal, Imagemixer have a history of saying 'sorry we made a mistake..' and simply sending another illegal key.

David

My Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

nightcat Registered since 05th Mar 2006Thu 26-Aug-10 03:40 PM
1040 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 0

LaCrosse,WI, US

Hi Daryl,

After installing 2.2.5 and starting NX2, I was asked to enter my product key. I dug up my NX2 upgrade license, entered it numerous times in different ways, and was told it was invalid. After many trials and tribulations, I noticed it was asking for my NX 1 code, not NX 2. So I dug that up, entered it, and all is well. Until I read this post, I thought it was because I had deleted NX 1 recently ( I don't remember when I removed it ). Now I'm not sure if I was the problem or 2.2.5 was. I hope this helps.

Kraig

"The wisest follow their own directions" -Euripides
"I thought there would be more elephants" -C. Columbus

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Fri 27-Aug-10 02:11 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 4

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

I have a problem also but need extra advice.
I have canadian NX2 and key is not valid according to Nikon.
I originally had NX1 and still have the disk & key but it is not installed on my new computer. Do I need to instal NX1 & try again?
NX2 will not open at all since I tried to go to V2.2.5

nightcat Registered since 05th Mar 2006Fri 27-Aug-10 03:31 PM
1040 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 8

LaCrosse,WI, US

I did not have NX1 installed and did not reinstall it. My NX2 was purchased as an upgrade, which means it needs to know that I had a valid copy of NX1. NX1 does not need to be installed. You just need to have a valid license for NX1 (and for the upgrade to NX2, but in my case NX2 already knew it was valid.) When you say NX2 will not open, do you get a request for a license key?

Kraig

"The wisest follow their own directions" -Euripides
"I thought there would be more elephants" -C. Columbus

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Fri 27-Aug-10 04:19 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 9

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Thanks for reply, yes when I try to open NX2 (since attempting the update to v2.2.5) I am asked for a key and then I am informed my key is invalid.
Strange because it worked perfectly when used to go to V2.2.4 when it was introduced long ago.

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Fri 27-Aug-10 10:02 PM
428 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 10

Sydney, AU

See this thread about Imagemixer and illegal keys.
http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=139&topic_id=5941&mesg_id=5941&page=
They have been selling the same keys to many people, and Nikon has only recently found out and disabled all the keys that Imagemixer sold. You only find out when you try to validate an update or new install.

David

My Gallery

fmurphy Registered since 29th Jul 2006Thu 02-Sep-10 11:20 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Release 2.2.5 of Capture NX Doesn't Recognize My Valid Registration #"
In response to Reply # 11
Thu 02-Sep-10 11:23 PM by fmurphy

Umbarger, US

I purchased CNX2 june of last year from imagemixer and tried updating my version of the software today and got the same response "invalid key" . sent n email to image mixer hoping to get the issue resolved. If you check the BBB Better Business Bureau and go to their Canada site this company has an "F" rating. Apparently the BBB there has tried to contact this company with no response. I was really surprised they had ONLY 5 complaints in 36 months. I think those of us that have been scammed with illegal keys and pirated software should file a complaint with theCanadian BBB. Whether it does any good or not. At least it will be on file and hopefully we might get this company investigated if enough complaints are files.
Sorry to rant but thanks for reading this gang.......

http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/computers-software-and-services/imagemixernet-co-digital-relay-in-toronto-on-1182868#ratingdetails

thanks
frank

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3351 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.