nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3334
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 Question" Previous topic | Next topic
tdgolf69 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2008Wed 25-Aug-10 02:01 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 Question"

Edison, US

The other day I was processing a bunch of pictures and I used the Batch process to copy some curve adjustments to 25 pictures taken at a party hall. Everything went fine except on some pictures I ended up with an additional copy of the file and in some case more than one copy. I will delete them but not sure how it happened. Looking to avoid the mistake in the future. Has this happened to anyone?
I was using ver2.2.4.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Wed 25-Aug-10 03:00 PM
10916 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 Question"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I'll take a guess .

When you ran the batch process you checked the "Include Subfolders" option. You had those images duplicated in the child folders.

NX2 outputs all the images to a single folder. It appends a tie breaker suffix to the file name to avoid duplication from the child folders.

I've always thought NX should output to the same folder structure, specifically to avoid this problem but it doesn't. And because it doesn't, I generally do not use the "Include Subfolders" option because my workflow results in dups in the child folders. NX should have an option labeled something like "preserve input folder structure in output folder".

my Nikonians gallery.

tdgolf69 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2008Wed 25-Aug-10 07:08 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Edison, US

Thanks, Neil. I din't think I checked the subfolders option. Was just looking at some older threads and saw an explanation, as someone else noticed this issue. At the end of the thread below is an explanation.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=133&topic_id=2029&mesg_id=2029&page=5

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Wed 25-Aug-10 07:22 PM
10916 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 Question"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I think I've had that problem myself, triggering a copy operation when I'm in the middle of selecting images. That explanation was helpful because I wasn't sure what shortcut I executed that started the copy

my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3334 Previous topic | Next topic