nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
5683RAM

DUNCANNON, US
30 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
5683RAM Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007
Wed 11-Aug-10 07:40 PM

I have used Capture NX & NX2 for over three years.

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem that has recently made itself apparent. I have not knowingly adjusted NX2 in anyway for the past six months - it has worked fine until a few days ago.

The image looks great in the "browser". The image looses a large percentage of its red color while rendering in the "editor". Without making any "edits", it prints with all of the reds seen in the "browser". Please see the two attached "screen prints". This happens with .nef files & .jpg files. It happens with "sample photos" attached to various software applications and .nef files from both of my Nikon D200s. I do not use any other software for photo editing so I can not check it out that way. The photo, when used as a "screen background" looks normal. The only time I see a color shift is when the file is moved into the NX2 "editor".

Your thoughts on this frustrating problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Dick

Richard Messner
rmessner@pa.net

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

G