Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3101
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Color Shift" Previous topic | Next topic
5683RAM Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Wed 11-Aug-10 07:40 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Color Shift"

DUNCANNON, US

I have used Capture NX & NX2 for over three years.

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem that has recently made itself apparent. I have not knowingly adjusted NX2 in anyway for the past six months - it has worked fine until a few days ago.

The image looks great in the "browser". The image looses a large percentage of its red color while rendering in the "editor". Without making any "edits", it prints with all of the reds seen in the "browser". Please see the two attached "screen prints". This happens with .nef files & .jpg files. It happens with "sample photos" attached to various software applications and .nef files from both of my Nikon D200s. I do not use any other software for photo editing so I can not check it out that way. The photo, when used as a "screen background" looks normal. The only time I see a color shift is when the file is moved into the NX2 "editor".

Your thoughts on this frustrating problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Dick

Richard Messner
rmessner@pa.net

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 12-Aug-10 12:41 AM
12695 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: NX2 Color Shift"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Richard the "Browser" is not color managed but the editor is. What color space are you using in the camera and NX2? are they the same or is your color space in NX2 different? I am going to guess that you have set sRGB in camera and printer and perhaps Adobe RGB as your NX2 color space or something like Pro Photo. That would explain the color shift you see and the fact that they still print like what you see in the browser. Perhaps someone else has a better idea.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Thu 12-Aug-10 11:34 AM
2258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 Color Shift"
In response to Reply # 0

Apex, US

What computer are you using? More specifically, have you made any changes to your video settings?

I have been fighting with a color management problem that NX2 has when my Lenovo W500 ThinkPad is in high performance video mode. If it is in power saving mode, the color management is correct. I have spent lots of time and energy proving to both Nikon and Nik that there is a real problem there but don't have a fix after nearly 9 months.

If you've made any recent changes to your video settings, that could be a possible problem source.

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #3101 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.