nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

If NR is needed, after that, a question on unsharp mask and high-pass, when to say when?

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Thu 05-Aug-10 06:04 AM

As a learning curve, it's obvious that noise reduction will help soften an image with a lot of noise but, it's use needs to be tempered otherwise the image suffers from a pastel effect. That's my take anyway.

Once the need (or not) is established, just how far should one go with the other sharpening and detail enhancement tools?

USM: How much is applicable settings wise, is there a normative range? (I'm copping the word normative from Mark Whalberg in the Departed)

HP: Same question.

Should one use both in a single image?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: If NR is needed, after that, a question on unsharp ...

G