nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2988
View in linear mode

Subject: "Windows 7 and Capture NX" Previous topic | Next topic
dslrnovice Registered since 18th Jul 2009Sat 31-Jul-10 10:52 AM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Windows 7 and Capture NX"

sandton, ZA

Hi there. I have just upgraded my laptop to windows 7 and reinstalled Capture NX. Having just returned from a trip and itching to get at the photos I now find that once photos are modified and you want to save a window comes up unable to save. Shots were in RAW and saved to an external Lacie drive which all worked just fine on windows XP. Is there anyone who has had the same problem or can maybe give me some directions on how to overcome this problem? Many thanks.
Eugene

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Windows 7 and Capture NX
Baaker Silver Member
31st Jul 2010
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
01st Aug 2010
leolyons
03rd Aug 2010
dslrnovice
05th Aug 2010
Robman3
03rd Aug 2010
gheck58 Silver Member
03rd Aug 2010

Baaker Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Aug 2009Sat 31-Jul-10 04:24 PM
923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Windows 7 and Capture NX"
In response to Reply # 0

Dumbarton, UK

A distinct possibility it is a folders permission problem. Try opening the folder as administrator and save. I can't be precise but it looks like administrator is the answer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43019448@N04/

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 01-Aug-10 05:46 AM
13277 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Windows 7 and Capture NX"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 01-Aug-10 05:49 AM by robsb

San Jose, US

Eugene I am traveling and can't be much help right now. but are you using NX or NX2? is your wIN 7 32 OR 64 BIT? Are you running all the latest versions NX2 2.2.4 for example. Have you tried resetting your cache? If you changed the OS on an existing XP system, the siggestion about permissions is right on. You will need to reset those formany programs to work properly as Win 7 will see the old files as not having access.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

leolyons Registered since 21st Dec 2007Tue 03-Aug-10 09:37 AM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Windows 7 and Capture NX"
In response to Reply # 2

Folkestone, UK

If you are getting unable to save with every attempt then no I have not had this problem. If you are getting a blank progress bar and the occasional 'Unable to Save' message about every third save or after ten or fifteen minutes of editing then - welcome to NX2 on WIndows 7.

I have been trying to solve this problem for months and have got nowhere. Check the other threads on this forum.

Good luck

dslrnovice Registered since 18th Jul 2009Thu 05-Aug-10 06:49 AM
#6. "RE: Windows 7 and Capture NX"
In response to Reply # 2

sandton, ZA

Thank you guys I am glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing problems. Rob I am not quite up to speed on settings would you mind at a time convenient to you elaborating on your suggestions? I have had progress though - I had Cature Nx and I have now downloaded the trial version of NX2 which works fine except that it will not allow you to open a photo from the browser - you can however open with View NX into Capture process and save the photo. When you try open from the Capture browser you get little circle that looks like a roadsign with a line through it denying you access. Am seeing Nikon here in South Africa on Friday to see if we can sort it out. Will let you have feedback as well as everyone else. I will however take these comments with me and pass them on to our guys here - they are very helpful
Regards
Eugene

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Tue 03-Aug-10 10:00 AM
1842 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Windows 7 and Capture NX"
In response to Reply # 0

West of Santa Monica, US

Eugene,

I believe that the last posted message was referring to this thread.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=133&topic_id=1508&mesg_id=1508&page=

With all of the permutations included, this barrage will take some time to filter through and read.

Some folks (like me) have simply built the CNX from scratch (noted near the bottom of that thread) using Nikon's suggestion to revert to 2.2.1 and then ending up with 2.2.3 (not 2.2.4).

I do suggest that you heed Bob (who is traveling) and try the admin settings as well.

There ARE many folks who do NOT have issues once it's set up, and others who do have crashes and freezes, memory not adequate etc but a new system should be fine.

BTW, the Adobe Lightroom release 3, is crashing and freezing with no end in sight just for parity and marketplace commentary.

Hang in there,

Rob

gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Tue 03-Aug-10 05:33 PM
2785 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Windows 7 and Capture NX"
In response to Reply # 4

Aliso Viejo, US

I have this issue occasionally with NX2. I either continue to hit the save button again two or three times, then it saves or you have to reboot the program.

Hecky

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2988 Previous topic | Next topic