Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2857
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
tdgolf69 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2008Fri 16-Jul-10 04:41 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Problem"

Edison, US

I am having a problem with my NX2. It seems that in NX2 some folders will not open the pictures. These seem to be recent folders as some from last year open fine!!! I can go into View and highlight a photo and Open with NX2 and then I can post process and save but I cannot view it in NX2, only View or windows. I use Nikon Transfer and View but have not applied the current updates and not sure if that is causing the issue. I have gone thru NX2 help for some troubleshooting ideas but nothing seems to address the problem.
Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rbaskin Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2007Fri 16-Jul-10 08:16 PM
335 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Ridgefield, US

Are you on the latest version of NX2 (2.2.4)?

Long ago I had a problem w/NX1 where some files weren't even showing in the browser and updating the version fixed it.

You might also clear your cache. That seems to solve numerous issues. Uninstalling and re-installing NX2 might do the trick if the clearing the cache doesn't do it.

Last of my possible fixes is to go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and see if there is a repair option for Microsoft .NET version 2.

Hope this helps.

Ralph in CT

Checkmate Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Dec 2006Fri 16-Jul-10 09:01 PM
2188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Leicester, GB

Try resetting the Label and Star Rating Filters. CNX2 remembers the last setting used, but ViewNX doesn't, and will show all photos.

John | Leicestershire - UK | My Nikonians Gallery | My Website

"To express oneself in seventeen syllables is very diffic" - John Cooper Clarke

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 16-Jul-10 11:23 PM
12254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

First apply ALL current updates, then clear your cache and try again.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

tdgolf69 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2008Sat 17-Jul-10 02:59 AM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 3

Edison, US

Thanks. Got it fixed. Did all of the above, but I think it was the ratings. Appreciate the replys.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2857 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.