nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #282
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Capture NX2 vs. Viveza" Previous topic | Next topic
prophotoman Registered since 27th Jun 2009Tue 05-Jan-10 12:54 AM
253 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Capture NX2 vs. Viveza"
Tue 05-Jan-10 12:56 AM by prophotoman

Oakdale, US

I already have Capture NX2... looking at Viveza it appears to be very similar to Capture NX2. Would it be to my advantage to get Viveza?? If so, what features does Viveza have that Capture NX2 doesn't have? I also already have Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4.

Any elnightenment anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Joe Nowak

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Reilly M Registered since 26th Jul 2008Tue 05-Jan-10 01:53 AM
983 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 vs. Viveza"
In response to Reply # 0

Monrovia, US

From what I've been reading Viveza 2 is well worth it but
I wouldn't say it is a matter of Viveza vs NX2 but in addition to.
I would also heartily endorse Nik Color Effects for NX2!
They both have trial versions.

yours,
Reilly

The only stupid question is the one you should have asked....

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Tue 05-Jan-10 02:25 AM
2258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 vs. Viveza"
In response to Reply # 0

Apex, US

Depending on which version you get Viveza is a plug-in for Photoshop, Lightroom and or Aperture that gives you the control point technology that is the basis of the way Capture NX2 works.

If you are only using NX2, there is absolutely no reason to get Viveza -- it doesn't even work with NX2 because the features are already built in. If you like the control point technology and way of doing adjustments and want to add them to one of the other photo editing programs mentioned, then you should consider getting Viveza.

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

mburke Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Dec 2004Tue 05-Jan-10 12:37 PM
151 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 vs. Viveza"
In response to Reply # 2

Rhinelander, US

I asked a similar question on the Nik site on Flicker and Viveza has 1 or 2 features not in NX2. I think they were structure and one other one. If you get Color Efex Pro from Nik you would have a bunch of filters that will do almost anything you want in NX2. I would think that when NX3 comes out Viveza will be incorporated into it somehow. I don't think the cost of Viveza and having to move files back and forth from NX2 to whatever style of Photoshop or Lightroom you are using would be worth it.

I am really happy with the workflow I use of Raw-NX2 w/ColorEfex-Save as Nef - Save as tiff - print in Qimage - delete tiff. This really saves a lot of disk space. I can always convert the Nef to tiff if I want to print again.

The only time I move to Photoshop is to do a pano or serious cloning. I will also use Photomatix for HDR's or Microsoft ICE for panos. Then I need JPg or tiffs.

Sorry for going on and on, but as you can see I really like NX2. Especially since I got a new computer for Christmas. I7-860 w/ Windows 7. NX2 flies.

Mike

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #282 Previous topic | Next topic