Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How do you copy Recorede Value White Balance with NX2?

b2martin_a

US
475 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
b2martin_a Registered since 10th Jan 2007
Mon 04-Jan-10 02:13 PM

If you have a "Recorded Value" white balance in one image that you would like to use for other images, how do you copy this to the other images?

If you copy the "Recorded Value" white balance and paste it to other images, you get the "Recorded Value" for the other images, not the white balance you would like to copy from the first image. If you do the same in Photoshop RAW converter, try to synchronize the "As Shot" white balance to other images, you get the "As Shot" white balance for the other images - just like NX2. In Photoshop you can change the "As Shot" white balance tag to "Custom" without changing the white balance values and then synchronize this to other images - I have not found a way to do this in NX2 without changing the actual white balance value in the first image. Does anyone have a way to accomplish this?

If I change the white balance in NX2 to "Set Gray Point" and make a small change (change the 1 to 1.01) for one on the two curves, then I can copy this new value to other images. This is almost the same white balance value, but not exactly the same. Does anyone have a better method?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How do you copy Recorede Value White Balance with N...

G