Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #269
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Module" Previous topic | Next topic
hbmyers Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Mon 04-Jan-10 08:42 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Module"

Falls Church, US

NEF displays properly in Browser mode but when an image is opened in Edit Mode the image is all yellow, red and black rather than a normal color image. How do I prevent this and force a proper color display.

Also I cannot get toolbar information to display when I hover the mouse pointer over the tool.

Running v2.2.4 on Vista 64 bit system with 12gig ram.

Help is appreciated

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Modul...
TiggerGTO Silver Member
04th Jan 2010
hbmyers Silver Member
05th Jan 2010
robsb Platinum Member
05th Jan 2010
hbmyers Silver Member
05th Jan 2010
robsb Platinum Member
06th Jan 2010

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Mon 04-Jan-10 10:39 PM
2252 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Module"
In response to Reply # 0

Apex, US

Can you post a screen capture? Or better yet, do you have someplace you can upload one of your nef files so that we can look at it directly?

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

hbmyers Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Tue 05-Jan-10 12:21 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Module"
In response to Reply # 1

Falls Church, US

The raw files are from a D300 and display properly in every other application, ie Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2.5 as well as various viewers such as Breezebrowser or thumbsPlus.
The file is displayed in the edit module as if a mask had been applied. The display has the look of a color film negative. I seem to remember this occuring in the past and remember a one button correction that returned the file view to full color. I just don't know enough about the controls in NX2 to find it again or to stop this from happening.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 05-Jan-10 06:27 AM
12567 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Module"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Have you made any previous edit stepstothe file,like setting blackand white points or making curve adjustments? Have you cropped the image prior to opening it in edit mode? I have seen this type of thing when a black or white point had been applied incorrectly, and I have also seen it when someone made wild curve adjustments. It can also happen if you apply the wrong color profile.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

hbmyers Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Tue 05-Jan-10 02:22 PM
#4. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Module"
In response to Reply # 3

Falls Church, US

Bob - thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It is a color profile issue. Looks like I have a bad monitor profile. I created it with Spyder 3. When I removed that profile from the folder at windows\system32\spool\drivers\color - everything worked normally.
Will try creating a new monitor profile and see what happens.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 06-Jan-10 06:16 AM
12567 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Nikon Capture NX2 NEF Display problem in Edit Module"
In response to Reply # 4

San Jose, US

Glad to be of help the longer we own computers the more weird stuff we see.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #269 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.