Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2398
View in linear mode

Subject: "What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?" Previous topic | Next topic
piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Sat 29-May-10 09:58 PM
466 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"

Houston Texas, US

I have discovered a problem and need some help.
I am running Windows 7 on my PC. That is on one hard drive and this drive also has Nikon Capture NX2 on it.
I have NEF files saved that were taken with my D200, D300s, and D700.
If I am in Win 7 and open a NEF file using NX2, I can change and save photos with no problem.

In the same computer I have another hard drive running XP. That hard drive has Nikon NX on it.
XP has the older photos of course taken with my D200 and old D70s.
If I am in XP and open a NEF file (stored under XP) with NX all features work and I can change and save a photo.

My intent is to wipe the XP hard drive clean in the near future and use this drive for additional storage, but before doing so I need to transfer all of the photos over to the Win 7 drive.
I expect no problem doing that with a flash drive.

Now for the problem:
Thinking about this I decided to open a NEF file stored on XP.
I opened this NEF on Win 7 using NX2.
I can change the NEF in any way I want but when I try to save it I get the following message...... 'error 39...Cannot save file.'

This made me remember that in the days when I only had NX, after I got my D700 I found that it would not open NEF files taken with that camera. Ditto for the D300s.
I had to purchase NX2 to be able to edit those. That's fine, it was well worth the cost of the upgrade.

Can someone tell me what is the problem?
Is it something to do with NX versus NX2, or is it something with the two operating systems having a disagreement, for lack of a better term?
Is a file saved under NX for some reason is not able to be saved in NX2? This has me baffled.
Thanks to anyone who has some knowledge to offer on this. I sure want to save and transfer those older pics to the Win 7 drive.
Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?
robsb Platinum Member
30th May 2010
piniongear
30th May 2010
piniongear
30th May 2010
robsb Platinum Member
30th May 2010
piniongear
30th May 2010
robsb Platinum Member
01st Jun 2010
andersnordh
01st Jun 2010
piniongear
01st Jun 2010
mklass Platinum Member
01st Jun 2010
piniongear
01st Jun 2010
piniongear
01st Jun 2010
ulfwakenius
01st Jun 2010
robsb Platinum Member
03rd Jun 2010
piniongear
03rd Jun 2010
piniongear
03rd Jun 2010
mklass Platinum Member
01st Jun 2010
robsb Platinum Member
01st Jun 2010
andersnordh
01st Jun 2010
piniongear
01st Jun 2010
cliddell Silver Member
02nd Jun 2010
piniongear
02nd Jun 2010
lancehassan Silver Member
02nd Jun 2010
piniongear
02nd Jun 2010
Mike55Y Silver Member
03rd Jun 2010
piniongear
03rd Jun 2010
rockrey
04th Jun 2010

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 30-May-10 05:15 AM
12686 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I did a search on Error 39, but only came up with windows errors related to trying to address CD Drives. However you may be seeing one of the problems I have seen since moving to Win 7 64 bit in that permissions for files have not been transferred properly. Go to the file and right click and click on the security tab and make sure you actually have write access to the file. Another thing to try is using windows explorer, just copy the file to your Win 7 drive and see if that helps.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Sun 30-May-10 05:51 AM
466 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 1

Houston Texas, US

Thanks Bob. I will give your suggestions a try.
This is the first time I have had the problem, but also the first time I have taken a photo originally processed with NX and tried to save it again using NX2.

Maybe it is a Windows problem but it seems like it should be something with NX/NX2. Of course I have no idea what that could be.
Perry

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Sun 30-May-10 06:20 AM
#3. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 30-May-10 06:22 AM by piniongear

Houston Texas, US

I just tried a pic. Did not work.
I went to the XP hard drive and opened a pic that had been edited in NX some years back.
I opened this in NX2.
Made some light changes, color etc and clicked 'SAVE'.
The message said 'Alert 39....Cannot Save'

So I tried something my wife suggested.
With the same pic open in NX2, I next clicked on 'SAVE AS'.
I gave the pic a different name and it saved the pic as a NEF file easily.
So now I have the situation that 'SAVE' does not work but 'SAVE AS' does work.
Has me baffled for sure.

This makes me think it is something with the difference between NX and NX2.
This is somewhat similar to the problem I experienced with not being able to open NEF files taken on a D300s and the D700 using Capture NX.
Once I got NX2 that problem went away.

Nikon was no help at that time either, claiming it was Windows 7 causing the problem.
At that time I was using the pre-issue version of Windows 7 (Win 7100) and of course I did not expect Nikon to have drivers for that OP system.
But at the same time, on a third hard drive in my computer I was running Vista. NX should have worked with Vista but it did not.
Another reason I was using XP on a separate drive was it was the only system that NX would run on.
This was all before I ever got NX2.

Today, Vista is still on the computer too but I never use it because I disliked it from Day 1.
That is another drive that I intend to wipe clean, but first things first with getting the present problem solved.
Oh, my Windows 7 is 32 bit.
Perry

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 30-May-10 07:19 PM
12686 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 3

San Jose, US

Perry I am glad you got it working, but I do not think it has anything to do withNX and NX2. I have no trouble opening and saving files made first in NX. All my files reside on a drive that is separate from the operation system and I made sure that I had security access to the drive and directories. I stillthink it is a security related issue with Win 7. Since you have Win 7 you can st up a virtual drive with XP on it and try loading NX2 on it and see if you see the same problems. I have a virtual XP running on my rig.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Sun 30-May-10 07:52 PM
#5. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 4

Houston Texas, US

Thanks Bob. I will have to investigate that. I have clear admin privileges and get no notice requesting to produce such, so I do not think it has to do with security.

A file once saved on NX and then re-opened and changed up in NX2 should be able to be saved, I would think.
But it does not save.

It seems as long as the file name is the same it will not save.
Change the name and then it can be saved (ie, Save As).
Maybe I will try to question Nikon on this but I do not expect much.
Perry

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 07:04 AM
#6. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 5

San Jose, US

I have found that although you may have admin privleges you can still be locked out of writing a file. But if you have clicked on the file and checked that under security you have write access, then I agree that is not the problem. When you save as a new file, You are creating a file as the owner.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

andersnordh Registered since 17th Mar 2008Tue 01-Jun-10 01:07 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 5
Tue 01-Jun-10 01:08 PM by andersnordh

Bara (southern Sweden), SE

>I have clear
>admin privileges and get no notice requesting to produce such,
>so I do not think it has to do with security.

Hi, just a suggestion ... Being admin doesn't necessarily make you a file admin Good in the Windows world. If you right click on the file which you could not over write, chose properties and then the Security tab, does your user name have like full control to that file or are you limited with less privileges? I guess that your XP installation use FAT32 as file system and Win7 use NTFS? Then there will be a mix of file permissions even if you as a user are admin ...

Kindly,
Anders
Sweden (Europe)

Visit my Nikonians gallery or my personal home page.

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 03:12 PM
#8. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 7

Houston Texas, US

Bob and Anders.......
Thank you both for your comments.
I did right click on one of the files (originally edited with NX) and clicked properties, then opened the securities tag.
I clicked on 'myself' and all the items then had check marks applied beside them.
So, I thought.....this must be it.

Went to the same file and made a change, and then hit SAVE. Same problem. It starts to save but the a second message box appears saying 'Error 39- Cannot save file'.

So I really believe it is something to do with NX and NX2.
I had similar problems when the only program I had was NX.
At that time I was shooting with a D70s and a D200.
NX opened those files with no problem.

Then later shooting with the D300s and the D700, those files would not open at all, using NX.
I had to upgrade to NX2 before I could open these files. After that..... no more problem.
At that time Nikon had told me there was not an 'update' or new drivers that I could D/L to fix the problem. I had to purchase NX2.

I presently have asked Nikon for some help on this and waiting to hear back from them.
Perry

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 06:07 PM
5904 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 8
Tue 01-Jun-10 06:08 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

I wouldn't be surprised that this is really a Windows security settings problem. Microsoft has gone to such lengths to appear to address security problems, they do a great job of keeping you from your own data and settings. This is especially true in situations where you have multiple versions of Windows on the same machine or on networked machines.

Going in and changing Properties for files and folders, while it should solve the problem, frequently doesn't.

I wish MS would have a single check box in your systems settings that said "I am the only user of this computer, let me access everything". I'd prefer that to being able to bounce windows off the side of the screen to arrange them. Apparently Windows 7 wasn't my idea.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 06:24 PM
#10. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 9

Houston Texas, US

I cannot agree more Mick. My bank does the same thing. It is so secure that I as a customer cannot easily log on. Ha-Ha.

But I always had a real problem with the level upon level of security in Windows Vista. That is the reason I disliked it from the beginning.

Windows 7 though is much different. I find it easier to use than any other system starting back with Windows 95.

The problem I am having is only related to working in NX and NX2.
NX will not open any NEF taken with a D300s or D700.
NX2 will open any NEF taken with a D70s or D200 and previously edited in NX. It allows me to make changes too.
What it does not allow is saving the file.
If I change the file name, then it will save it.
I really do not think this is a Windows issue at all. If it were, I would be having other problems rather than this single problem.
Perry

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 07:06 PM
#11. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 10

Houston Texas, US

Gentlemen, the problem still remains, but at least I now have an answer.

I just got off the phone with Nikon and they told me that any NEF that has been previously saved in Capture NX cannot be saved again using NX2 UNLESS the file name has been changed.

So, to save several thousand files (a guess) it is going to take ma a lifetime to accomplish this.
I guess I will just transfer all the files over to a single hard drive, before wiping clean the drive they now reside on.
Then in the future as a need comes up to re-edit a NEF I will just do so and then change the name to save it.

Nikon told me because of the software in NX and NX2 it is not possible to save changes made using NX2 on any file originally edited in NX.

So it is not a problem with Windows or security settings. I have not heard of anyone having this problem before but I am sure I am not the first or lone member to have run across this.

That is rather sorry way to write software in my view.
Or to put it another way......It really sucks!
Perry

ulfwakenius Registered since 23rd May 2010Tue 01-Jun-10 07:43 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 11

GB

This sort of confirms something that has worried me for some time.

It occurred to me a long time ago that Saving edits on top of the original NEF file was not the way to go and that at some time in the future my NEFs would hit an obstacle in a new generation of the programme and would not open. It's not quite as bad as that (yet) but I will continue to keep my original NEF files and my edited NEF files seperately with different names (700_xxxxA etc).

I always remember that in the days I was a Canon shooter I thought that my manual lenses would last forever. Then, along came EOS.........

ULF

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 03-Jun-10 01:43 AM
#21. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 12

San Jose, US

I don't think the conclusion you came to is valid. Clearly the old NEF file from NX can be read by NX2. The situation here is because NX2 has features that are not included in NX i.e. new edit steps, NX would not know how to handle these new tags, just as if you recently bought a D700 or D300 and tried to use NX, Nikon would have told you to upgrade. Since you are NEVER touching the original RAW file, but are just reading edit steps for output, it is totally safe to save your changes in the NEF, in fact you can save multiple changes in the NEF as versions. In my mind this is backward compatibility, even if you have to save the old file as a new name, it is only to allow you to include these new features. That said, as a habit, I save ALL my NEFs in two locations when I download them. One set goes to an off line HD which is my pristine NEF which is never touched, the other copy goes to a separate drive where all my NEF's plus edits are saved. Those edited NEF's are further archived to a third drive on a periodic basis. That is strictly for protection from file corruption or HD crashes. Nikon has been consistent in allowing you to open NEF files from all the previous versions of Capture. But if you still have worries (belt and suspenders) you can always save completed files as a flat TIFF which can be read by any program.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Thu 03-Jun-10 01:57 AM
#22. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 21

Houston Texas, US

Well, reading what you say does make sense to me.
There are features (steps) in NX2 and NX will not know what to do with the steps.
Just out of curiosity I am going to take one of the old NX files and save it as a version. It will have a new name and I wonder if it is going to save it.

I once had a hard drive crash and that is once too many times to suit me. I learned a hard lesson about keeping a backup always current.

Thanks..... Perry

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Thu 03-Jun-10 02:13 AM
#23. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 21

Houston Texas, US

Bob.....
I am back again.
I opened that same file I have been working on and tried to save it again. Same error message.
Next I clicked on 'new step' and made a change applying the 'fisheye correction'.
Then I chose 'new version' and gave it a name. After I hit save it saved! So then I closed out the file and went back into the folder and reopened it again.
It opens up with the corrected fisheye version.
listed as the 'original' version is the image before the correction was applied.
Went back to the fisheye correction and made some more changes and clicked 'save' and the file saved.

Now I have to admit I do not know what is going on here. The problem I had is now not as large as I thought it was, but it sure is confusing to someone like me.
Thanks for that last suggestion. I would have never thought of saving another version until you mentioned it.
Perry

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 08:06 PM
5904 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
Tue 01-Jun-10 08:17 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

Maybe using Capture NX2, a batch "Save as..." will automate your work. I think you can set it to run in a single folder, or save the file with the same name in a new folder. (I'm not at my NX2 computer right now, but I think it would work.)

Oh well, I got my Microsoft rant out of my system!

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 09:44 PM
#16. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"

San Jose, US

OK taht makes sense as NX2 has features not supported by NX, you would need to resave as an NX2 file, but because the windows file system would not see it as a new file unless you change the name working together they gave you this problem. I am sorry I misrembered how I handled it. As others have said you can do a complete batch change, just add a "-NX2" to your original file names and you should be able to batch the whole drive.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

andersnordh Registered since 17th Mar 2008Tue 01-Jun-10 08:17 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 8
Tue 01-Jun-10 08:18 PM by andersnordh

Bara (southern Sweden), SE

Hi, one more ... Can you rename one of the files, that you can't overwrite, using the Windows Explorer? Or reset the archive attribute?

Kindly,
Anders
Sweden (Europe)

Visit my Nikonians gallery or my personal home page.

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Tue 01-Jun-10 08:36 PM
#15. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 14

Houston Texas, US

ULF, Anders and Mick.......
I can rename the file and it will save OK.
But I do not want to have to rename thousands of files until that need (for each) comes about.

As ULF just said..... Welcome to the world of Nikon changing the software.
Apparently Nikon went from NX to NX2 and did not include backwards compatibility, if that is the correct term.

And that surprises me, considering what I have always thought to be one of Nikon's greater strengths.
Nikon has kept the same lens mount since what, 1977 or before?
Have you any idea of what that means to a shooter such as myself?
I still use a lot of my AIS lens on the D700 and D300s.

I remember buying a brand new Canon AE-1 many years back.
The first thing to happen was Canon came up with a new and different lens mount.
It was at that point that I said never again will I ever buy Canon camera equipment, and made the switch over to Nikon.
Glad I did and too bad for Canon, not that they would give a hoot.

I always have respect for any company that works to make the old stuff still function (to some degree or other) with new products.
We are always going to have a new product and it is nice to be able to use the old equipment with those new products.
Perry

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Wed 02-Jun-10 08:57 AM
996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 15

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Perry,

I also "adopted" the Nikon system on backward compatibity - hard and software....

I am able to use files I edited in Nikon Capture4.xx, edit them further and save them from NX2 with no problems. The same with files that I may have tweaked in VNX - the tweaks show up in CNX and of course save smoothly from NX2.

I can understand a problem with backward compatibility when the newer software has enhancements but at least the "enhanced" files saved from NX2 can be viewed in VNX and the view seems to include every edit added in NX2. I am hoping for a newer version of VNX that will be able to work with NX2 files such as convert to jpeg etc.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Wed 02-Jun-10 01:51 PM
#18. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 17

Houston Texas, US

Thanks Clive.
I wonder why it works for you but does not work for me?
I can take an NX file and do anything I want in NX2 EXCEPT save it.
To save it I have to give the file a new name.
I am going to experiment around with this a bit more and see if I can uncover more problems.
Perry

lancehassan Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Oct 2009Wed 02-Jun-10 05:16 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

what you might want to take a look at is the VSS or the Volume shadow services running as a service in both XP and 7. if this is off in either one of these it might be an issue with the file being shared between OS's, by default MS installs this as manual and typically off. If you are going to be going back and forth between the Opsys's then it is possible you are creating an issue which for all intents and purposes is a share issue. If you are going to be moving the files and scrubbing the drives anyway you might just move the files to a flash or USB external and try the same experiments without dealing with the old OS. Might be worth a try...

Anarchy is an Ethic--HC-B

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Wed 02-Jun-10 06:27 PM
#20. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 19

Houston Texas, US

Well, I don't know. I am using Win 7 to go to a folder stored on a hard drive under XP, but I don't think I am actually going into XP, just taking a peek into that folder.

if access was a problem I do not think I would be able to open the old file, change it up, etc.
And according to what Nikon told me.....it is an issue with NX versus NX2. They said files once edited in NX cannot be saved using NX2 unless the name changes. In effect, you have a new file to save.
And that is not what I want. I want to save the old file after I change it.

Ii guess if I put NX back on the computer then that program would allow changes and saving, but there again there are things I can do with NX2 that are not an option on NX.
Maybe I should just give up?
Perry

Mike55Y Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jun 2006Thu 03-Jun-10 05:27 PM
69 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 20

Hillsborough, US

You can do a batch rename right in Windows, either in XP or 7. It's very fast and simple (that is, relatively simple for MS).

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Thu 03-Jun-10 06:16 PM
#25. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 24

Houston Texas, US

That may well be, but I have several thousand files to transfer over to another drive. That is no easy task, batch process or not. Yeah, I have a 32GB Flash Drive but I have done some of this before and it takes a lot of time.

After talking it out and getting the helpful comments I believe the simple way for me to do this is just remove the hard drive and put it on a shelf.
Then replace it with a brand new hard drive and then pay better attention to my so-called 'filing system' in the future. If I ever need the old files they will be there on the shelf.
Perry

rockrey Registered since 03rd Jul 2007Fri 04-Jun-10 11:12 AM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: What is wrong? Problem with Capture NX and NX2?"
In response to Reply # 25

Columbia, US

I had similar issue with not being able to save a file, my recollection of the process was to change the folder attribute of where the files resides. Un-selecting the read only attribute might have done the trick.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2398 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.