Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2388
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2, user error ..." Previous topic | Next topic
andersnordh Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Mar 2008Thu 27-May-10 09:51 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2, user error ..."
Thu 27-May-10 09:52 PM by andersnordh

Bara (southern Sweden), SE

Hi everyone!

Just a short question, I seem to do something wrong ... I have just switched over to NX2 for RAW conversions, and I don't seem to get the color profiles saved into the jpg's I create. When looking at my EXIF data afterwards, instead of showing up with color space sRGB, I'll get "Uncalibrated" ...

Probably a real newbie question but I am not finding an obvious reason to why it gets like this ...

... and to be honest, I'm not sure that I like the user interface very vell, however the outcome looks good and I can fiddle around with my picture profiles a lot which might be useful ...

Kindly,
Anders
Sweden (Europe)

Visit my Nikonians gallery or my personal home page.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2, user error ...
robsb Platinum Member
27th May 2010
andersnordh Silver Member
28th May 2010
nightcat
28th May 2010
28th May 2010
robsb Platinum Member
28th May 2010
28th May 2010

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 27-May-10 11:26 PM
12848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Capture NX2, user error ..."
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Go to EDIT>> Preferences>>Color Management. That is where you will find the screen to set your preferred color space.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

andersnordh Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Mar 2008Fri 28-May-10 07:16 AM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2, user error ..."
In response to Reply # 1
Fri 28-May-10 07:17 AM by andersnordh

Thanks for your input!

Well, I've done that ... Sorry for not being clear.

In the preferences I've chosen to use the embedded color space and if no color space is present I use normal sRGB. I always use Adobe RGB as my color space in my camera and I would like to use that during post processing ...

As one of the last things I'd like to do during post processing before saving a jpg copy is convert the color space to sRGB, and I've done that in the "Convert to profile" dialog box. I've then gone for the choice "Convert to profile", and I've also tried "Apply Profile", and there I chose normal sRGB. After that I tought I would be ok and that the new profile would be embedded within my file but instead I get color profile information as being uncalibrated.

I run NX2 ver. 2.2.4 so it should be fine under Win7 64 bit.

Kindly,
Anders
Sweden (Europe)

nightcat Registered since 05th Mar 2006Fri 28-May-10 02:36 PM
1040 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2, user error ..."
In response to Reply # 2

LaCrosse,WI, US

Hi Anders.

The icc profile is embedded in the file. For some reason one of the Exif tags reads uncalibrated. I don't know why. Other software should correctly display the image.

Kraig

"The wisest follow their own directions" -Euripides
"I thought there would be more elephants" -C. Columbus

andersnordh Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Mar 2008Fri 28-May-10 02:49 PM
#4. "RE: Capture NX2, user error ..."
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 28-May-10 02:50 PM by andersnordh

Hi and thanks!

So it's a "no brainer" then ...

I will continue to look out for some more info regarding this issue and yes, you are absolutely right. All software seem to be able to read the profile, I was just afraid that the EXIF data would make some software interpret it wrong ...

Thanks, I thought I was the only one with this "problem" ... I can now sleep without worries ...

Kindly,
Anders
Sweden (Europe)

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 28-May-10 04:02 PM
12848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Capture NX2, user error ..."
In response to Reply # 2

San Jose, US

Apply Profile will not change your color space choice in the fileonly Convert profile will do that. Apply profile will show you what the other profile looks like but it does not make the change permanent.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

andersnordh Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Mar 2008Fri 28-May-10 05:49 PM
#6. "RE: Capture NX2, user error ..."
In response to Reply # 5

Hi again, thanks for your help!

Kindly,
Anders
Sweden (Europe)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2388 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.