Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2321
View in linear mode

Subject: "Opening NX2 Jpegs in Paint Shop Pro X2" Previous topic | Next topic
wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010Wed 19-May-10 12:22 AM
336 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Opening NX2 Jpegs in Paint Shop Pro X2"

Warsaw, US

I have been using NX2 for about a month now and I really like it for working with NEF files. I do all postprocessing with NX2 and then save the file as a jpeg.
If I open the jpeg in PSP X2 just to look at the picture and then close it, a window pops up asking if I want to save the changes (I didn't make any changes). This only happens when opening a jpeg created with NX2.
Does NX2 create jpegs in a "nonstandard" format (if that makes sense) and then PSP X2 has to convert the file to open it? Is there a setting I'm missing in NX2?
It's not that big of an issue other than having to click the NO button to close the file every time.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

herbellis Registered since 28th Apr 2010Wed 19-May-10 02:39 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Opening NX2 Jpegs in Paint Shop Pro X2"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

Is it a Colour Profile thing?

Do you have PSP set to change the Profile without asking?

Check Profiles in both NX2 and PSP and see if they match.

HE

wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010Thu 20-May-10 01:53 AM
336 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Opening NX2 Jpegs in Paint Shop Pro X2"
In response to Reply # 1

Warsaw, US

Yes! That was the problem. Changed PSP to use Nikon sRGB and all is well.
Thank you!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

herbellis Registered since 28th Apr 2010Fri 21-May-10 01:27 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Opening NX2 Jpegs in Paint Shop Pro X2"
In response to Reply # 2

UK

I have my D700 set to sRGB and both NX2 and CS4 set to change to RGB.

I do all of the PP in RGB and change back to sRGB for final saving as JPEG (as part of an action).

HE

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2321 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.