nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2234
View in linear mode

Subject: "Update to NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
herbellis Registered since 28th Apr 2010Thu 06-May-10 06:13 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Update to NX2"

UK

We haven't had an update to NX2 for a while and I'm anxious to get one in order to get the lens correction parameters for my 16-35VR.

I wonder if they are waiting for a new body before issuing the update?

HE

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Update to NX2
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
06th May 2010
Baaker Silver Member
08th May 2010
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
08th May 2010
Robman3
26th May 2010
greyface Gold Member
08th May 2010
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
09th May 2010
greyface Gold Member
16th May 2010

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 06-May-10 08:25 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Update to NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

With Nikon, who knows? Although they seem to have been on a rough 2 year schedule for NX. So if that is true then maybe an NX3 will be out this summer. The people using it are on NDA and can't talk about it but I have heard that there are people who are using NX3 in alpha/beta.

When it comes out, I sure hope they make it worth our while. Especially in terms of speed!

Baaker Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Aug 2009Sat 08-May-10 09:15 AM
923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Update to NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Dumbarton, UK

>With Nikon, who knows? Although they seem to have been on a
>rough 2 year schedule for NX. So if that is true then maybe an
>NX3 will be out this summer. The people using it are on NDA
>and can't talk about it but I have heard that there are people
>who are using NX3 in alpha/beta.
>
>When it comes out, I sure hope they make it worth our while.
>Especially in terms of speed!

The thought of using a NX3 in alpha/beta would I think reduce most people to a state of mental breakdown?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43019448@N04/

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sat 08-May-10 05:18 PM
6258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Update to NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

Tacoma, US

I'm itching for a new version, if it addresses the main issues of stability and speed, and provides some of the features requested. I'd beta in a heartbeat or brainwave!

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Wed 26-May-10 10:16 PM
1842 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Update to NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

West of Santa Monica, US

You must know someone or something as to those under an NDA?

I'm frosted like a November pumpkin over the total lack of clarity about the black hole that currently is CNX2.2 from Nikon.

I prefer NX2 for it's usable zoom versus LR2 which has an either or, plus the colors in LR do not auto the same as NX2.

Their (Nikon's)responses back about the situation are non existent.

In reality their website protacol is what I usually refer to as "practicing sales prevention".

Thanks for the inside look.

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Sat 08-May-10 08:02 PM
1590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Update to NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Acushnet, US

I have been holding off moving to Windows7 64 bit due to hearing some problem running NX2. Am currently running Vista Home Preimum 64 bit.
Any chance NX3 will be set up to run in 64 bit?

-------------------
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you." - The Hitchhikers Guide

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 09-May-10 02:59 AM
13339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Update to NX2"
In response to Reply # 4

San Jose, US

No one can tell you, but if you are holding off moving to Win 7 64 bit, dont! I am running Win 7 64 bit and my copy of NX2 runs fine 99% of the time. IF you are not having problems running in Vista 64 bit, you should have no problems in Win 7 64 bit.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Sun 16-May-10 10:04 PM
1590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Update to NX2"
In response to Reply # 5

Acushnet, US

Do in part to a virus, I switched to Windows 7 64bit last weekend. Was not sure how it would work with an AMD processor. So far so good. I did replace Internet Explorer 8 with something else.

-------------------
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you." - The Hitchhikers Guide

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2234 Previous topic | Next topic