Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Pietermaritzburg, ZA
1019 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006
Thu 29-Apr-10 02:30 PM

I have not seen the following mentioned when talking about VNX, at least not recently.

When I have hundreds of RAW images to review, select, rate etc I use VNX. Then I run through the keepers and quickly adjust, if necessary, the exposure (+2 stops -2 stops), the white balance and the shadow or highlite protection.

The nice thing is that in VNX it actually shows the "as shot" white balance (eg. Auto:+3, Incandescent, Color temp used 3000K etc) and also provides for the "Set white point". Quite a selection of "filter" colour temperatures are also included.

Now, what I like, is that most of the edits you make in VNX show in "Develop" and even in "Adjust" steps in CaptureNX should you wish to further edit the images thus saving having to redo the base adjustments again.

It is helpful to easily compare images in VNX while making edits wheras in CNX the image needs to be saved to VNX for comparison if necessary...

Oh, and the price is right too!

Clive Liddell
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.