nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jacsr

Texas City, US
928 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jacsr Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2006
Tue 27-Apr-10 08:40 PM | edited Tue 27-Apr-10 08:44 PM by jacsr

I am using ViewNX on a 10.1” netbook to review images after the images have been downloaded to an external drive. When reviewing the raw images in ViewNX full screen mode I have noticed that the image appears sharp then blurs slightly like some sort of smoothing occurs. This affect makes every image appear soft, as if focus was slightly off. Clicking the RAW button on the upper left corner allows the image to display very sharp. The only issue with clicking the RAW button is that it really slows the review process way down since it takes several seconds for the rendering process.

Has anyone seen this when using ViewNX? Is there a way to keep the smoothing from occurring? I have checked all the settings and have not seen anything that would affect this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: ViewNX Soft Images in Full Screen Freewheeler10
28th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: ViewNX Soft Images in Full Screen jacsr Silver Member
28th Apr 2010
29th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: ViewNX Soft Images in Full Screen cliddell Silver Member
29th Apr 2010
29th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: ViewNX Soft Images in Full Screen Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
30th Apr 2010
01st May 2010
02nd May 2010
02nd May 2010
03rd May 2010

G