nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2125
View in linear mode

Subject: "Upgradeing from macbook pro 3.06GHZ to i7 macbook pro ,..." Previous topic | Next topic
tazio Registered since 21st Jan 2007Sat 24-Apr-10 01:59 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Upgradeing from macbook pro 3.06GHZ to i7 macbook pro , worth it??"

Bury St Edmunds, UK

Is it worth doing the above would i see a large gain in speed using NX2. Thanks James

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Curtisj2 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 25-Apr-10 07:52 PM
208 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Upgradeing from macbook pro 3.06GHZ to i7 macbook pro , worth it??"
In response to Reply # 0

Minneapolis, US

A gain in speed? Yes. A LARGE gain? Probably not.
The best ways to increase NX2 performance are still to use a fast external scratch disk rather than your internal drive and to increase the size of your editing cache file.

If you do upgrade, let everyone here know what your results are.

Curtis

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #2125 Previous topic | Next topic