Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #199
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX" Previous topic | Next topic
cairopd1069 Registered since 18th Dec 2009Mon 11-Jan-10 08:19 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX"

Cairo, US

When I open a photo in View NX, I click on Quick Adjustment, but it does not let me use the top three options and when I click Launch Utility, a demo photo opens up. How do I get my photos to show up in order to use the top three adjustments?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Tue 12-Jan-10 01:10 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX"
In response to Reply # 0

Englewood, US

>When I open a photo in View NX, I click on Quick Adjustment,
>but it does not let me use the top three options and when I
>click Launch Utility, a demo photo opens up. How do I get my
>photos to show up in order to use the top three adjustments?

I don't know which picture you're trying to edit, but: If you are trying to use
ViewNX to adjust Jpegs, you cannot change Exposure Compensation,
White Balance, or Picture Control -- those settings are already "baked into"
the jpeg file. Those adjustments are only available when editing NEFs.
You can't adjust EC, WB or Picture Control in a Jpeg in CaptureNX either.

Photographers' Tea: Earl 18% Grey

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #199 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.