nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1895
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to Synchronize between files using NX2 Capture Pro" Previous topic | Next topic
ylwdog Registered since 08th Jun 2009Tue 30-Mar-10 01:29 PM
146 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How to Synchronize between files using NX2 Capture Pro"
Tue 30-Mar-10 02:57 PM by ylwdog

US

I have White Balanced a file using NX2 Capture Pro, and would like to synchronize multiple files to this base file. Is this possible and if so, how or where do I find the controls to perform this function? I have looked around and have not found anything and search does not turn up anything.

Thanks,

Doug

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Tue 30-Mar-10 08:15 PM
1003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How to Synchronize between files using NX2 Capture Pro"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

I use NX2 and if it is necessary to duplicate any "adjustment" to several files one way is to use the built in Browser. You "Copy" the adjustment (WB step in your case) and then in the browser paste the step to the selected files.

If you use the Batch process I have not found a way to select files so the adjustment will be applied to all files in the directory.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 31-Mar-10 07:03 AM
13331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: How to Synchronize between files using NX2 Capture Pro"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

This is actually quite simple. If you are just doing one image it is as easy as copying the adjustment and then pasting it into the other image. But if you want to do a batch, you highight the adjustment and in the batch menu select "Save Adjustment". A panel will come up with a list of steps from your edit list, and you check the ones you want to save. You now can give this a name and it is saved as a stetting. When you run a Batch, it will ask you for the setting file to apply to all the images you want to apply the settings to.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

ylwdog Registered since 08th Jun 2009Wed 31-Mar-10 10:41 AM
146 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: How to Synchronize between files using NX2 Capture Pro"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Big Thanks Clive and Bob....
Got it. Practiced this w/ the instructions you have provided and works very well.

Cheers,

doug

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1895 Previous topic | Next topic