nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1876
View in linear mode

Subject: "Looking for Enlargement Tool - for NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
klafollette Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Aug 2009Mon 29-Mar-10 01:58 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Looking for Enlargement Tool - for NX2"

Carol Stream, US

Anyone have a recommendation for an enargement tool that does a better job than NX2's bi-cubic method, when enlarging images? I don't have PS, so any of the PS plug-in only tools, like OnOne or Alien Skin won't work for me.

I haven't found any that are a "plug-in" for NX2, so guess I'm hunting for something that will work stand-alone on a TIFF generated by NX2. Couple I've found are Beard Frog, Enlarger Pro and BenVista PhotoZoom Pro. I'd like to keep it under $100 if anything is worthwhile in that tier.

Kevin

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sfbillm Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jun 2004Tue 30-Mar-10 05:56 PM
864 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Looking for Enlargement Tool - for NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Fe, US

I'm not familiar with the programs you mention. But if you're looking for a program that will do what you want for printing, I can recommend Qimage. It does a superb job of automatically resizing a NX2-generated TIFF for the given print size you're making.

If IIRC, the Pro version is US$49.95, and a trial version is available. Free lifetime upgrades too.

SantaFeBill

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1876 Previous topic | Next topic