Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1831
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is something missing in Camera Control Pro 2?" Previous topic | Next topic
akmartinez1 Gold Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2005Tue 23-Mar-10 06:38 PM
629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Is something missing in Camera Control Pro 2?"

San Francisco, US

I have Camera Control Pro 2 and I'm not sure if something is broken or missing.

I can't or it doesn't save any of the custom control settings in the Custom Banks or Shooting Menu Banks settings.

Is there something I'm missing or is there something wrong in my setup?

I would like to be able to save mu Custom Bank settings from the specific labels to the individual settings when I need to make changes and use them for specific settings.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 24-Mar-10 02:27 AM
13009 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Is something missing in Camera Control Pro 2?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

How are you trying to save them? Control Pro allows you to edit your bank settings and save them back to the camera. Are you trying to save them to your computer? There is a command that saves camera setting to the computer.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

akmartinez1 Gold Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2005Wed 24-Mar-10 03:24 AM
629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Is something missing in Camera Control Pro 2?"
In response to Reply # 1

San Francisco, US

I would like to save the Custom Bank and Shooting Menu Bank settings to a file on the computer.

I see the Save and Load Profile menu options but they only save the settings that are part of the main tabs of the program. They don't save the Custom or Shooting Banks to a file. Or they don't for me.

Is there a way to do this?

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 25-Mar-10 07:47 PM
13009 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Is something missing in Camera Control Pro 2?"
In response to Reply # 2

San Jose, US

I am traveling and away from my copy of control 2, so I can't check it out, but I am sure that it saves your custom settings too.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

akmartinez1 Gold Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2005Mon 29-Mar-10 07:48 PM
#4. "RE: Is something missing in Camera Control Pro 2?"
In response to Reply # 3

San Francisco, US

I did some reading and some research.

It looks like I can't do waht I want CCP2 to do. You can't save the Custom Settings and the Shooting Bank settings to a file on a computer. You can only change it directly to the camera as if you were changing it on the camera.

I was reading the help documentation on CCP2 and in the section "Custom Settings" you will see a few sections highlighted in pink/red that say:

Changes to Custom Settings
Changes made to settings in the Custom Settings dialog are stored in the camera, not on the computer hard disk. This means that changing settings in the Custom Settings dialog has the same effect as changing Custom Settings using camera controls.

Custom Settings
Custom Settings can not be saved to a separate file. Clicking the Reset button resets all Custom Settings to their default values.

I wonder why not. This would be a nice usefull setting to some of us that like to make changes to the custom settings and shooting banks based on different situations on the conditions you're planning to go out shooting for.

Does anyone know if Nikon takes suggestions and really consideres them? I would like to suggest being able to save these settings to a file...

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1831 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.