nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
sevtcard

US
332 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sevtcard Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Mar 2009
Thu 11-Mar-10 10:05 PM | edited Thu 11-Mar-10 10:18 PM by sevtcard

there has been an active discussion (among many) about a specific NX2 problem introduced by TiggerGTO. since that conversation seemed to be drifting a bit into whether Nikon was supporting its software or not, i thought it would be interesting to ask the question more formally - what is your experience with Nikon and are they meeting expectations in terms of software support??

i have had an open issue with them for some time about the memory leak problem, which mostly has been characterized by long periods of silence from them. i was especially discouraged by TiggerGTO's latest response on this topic: "Don't hold your breath about software development doing anything..." i have given them multiple references to links in this forum in hopes of illustrating the broad and multiple needs of the community (of course, they probably follow these entries already) - today I received this from Nikon support: "I am sorry but we can not comment on internet postings. We respond to each customer that contacts Nikon directly. All information has been forwarded to the software engineers." this feels like being blown off - the distinct impression that others seem to have garnered as well. i admit i had been a bit more optimistic - but i'm feeling less so these days.

i have never really been a PS user, but i am strongly considering a switch if things don't improve...(plus it integrates silver efex pro)

Mark

R Mark Burke
www.broadwallphotography.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NX2 support - should we hold our breath

G