Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1378
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX Picture control" Previous topic | Next topic
Aubrey Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Thu 18-Feb-10 12:57 AM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX Picture control"

Limassol, CY

I recorded some raw images in Landscape model on my D300 camera.
I want to change them to standard.

I have clicked on a selection and then in quick adjustment changed it to standard.

I then click on save...
The result (in some cases) is a window popping up that says:
"Failed to save the effects of Quick Adjustment
You cannot apply this adjustment to unsupported files
Please re-select and try again"

This message makes no sense. I have not made any previous adjustments to the file. If I go to Capture NX2 the adjustment can be applied.

In my opinion the message appears for random images...
Is this simply "a feature" of ViewNX!!!
Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sat 20-Feb-10 07:34 AM
999 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX Picture control"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Aubrey,

Just a thought: Have any of the files in your selection been edited in CaptureNX? Those that have been edited will have a little NX selection point graphic in the bottom right corner. Those files will not be able to be further processed or even printed in VNX. However, all the other browser functions in VNX are not affected.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Aubrey Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Sat 20-Feb-10 09:07 PM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX Picture control"
In response to Reply # 1

Limassol, CY

Clive,
Thank you for your suggestion. I did not edit the files in Caspture NX2. I know that quirk. Once in NX2 then you cannot go back to VieNX.

I was trying to be smart and not have to go through NX2 for simple Landscape to standard change. Worked on some files, no idea why it did not work on others.

I can't now remember if I had aleady imported some of the files into my archiving software (IMatch) but I think not.

Best wishes,
Aubrey

detourist Registered since 22nd Jul 2013Mon 22-Jul-13 06:22 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ViewNX Picture control"
In response to Reply # 2

IE

I'm also getting the "Failed to save the effects of Quick adjustment" message.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 on an Asus laptop
with a Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 2.2GHz
2Gb RAM
32 bit OS

Hope you can help.

Detourist

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 23-Jul-13 12:44 PM
8738 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: ViewNX Picture control"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 23-Jul-13 12:46 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

Most likely there is something in your workflow that is creating a modification to the image file. The message you describe is the same one that is provided when there are edits in another program or a file type that is simply not supported.

Perhaps there is something taking place during the ingest process. Any kind of applied tag using another program has potential to create the problem. Certainly the ingest process using Lightroom can cause the problem if settings are applied during ingest.

The current version of View NX2 is quite stable and is working fine for me on an i7 PC.

It is possible there is something happening when you make the picture control change. How many files are you trying to change at one time? Is this an issue with a single file or groups of files?

Do you have the latest version of View NX2? What are you using for ingest?

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1378 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.