Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1292
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX key code" Previous topic | Next topic
toddmac Registered since 12th Feb 2010Fri 12-Feb-10 12:55 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX key code"

US

I recently reinstalled the OS and all software on my image editing PC. Capture NX (came in a package with my D300) is of course asking for a key code, but mine got lost somewhere along the way. And no, I'm not asking anyone to email me their code - no piracy intent here. Has anyone successfully convinced Nikon to give them a key code, and if so, how? Who did you talk to?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bobr Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jun 2004Fri 12-Feb-10 04:07 PM
343 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX key code"
In response to Reply # 0

pitman, US

Hi Todd,

Welcome to Nikonians!
If you registered the software with Nikon when you registered your camera, you should be able to find it by logging on to Nikon and looking under "my stuff". Other wise, you should contact Nikon's Help Desk and they should be able to supply you with the key. Just out of curiosity, did you do a backup before doing a clean install?

Bob

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 12-Feb-10 05:17 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX key code"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 12-Feb-10 05:18 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Welcome to Nikonians,

You go to the Nikon USA web site and then go to the Product Support Contact page and you will be provided with options for contact through the web, by email and by phone.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sat 13-Feb-10 12:35 AM
12834 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Capture NX key code"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Was it the trail version or a registered version. For a period of time it was supplied free with the D300, but later cameras only have the trial and you have to purchase the license.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1292 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.