Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #12005
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikonians mGallery for Android now available" Previous topic | Next topic
bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberThu 03-Apr-14 02:59 PM
5559 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"

Bratislava, SK

We are now launching the first of several Nikonians Android clients that we have in the pipeline. The first app to be available for Google Android, in addition to the existing iOS version, is our mGallery app.

mGallery lets you showcase your work while being mobile, supporting easy connection to the Nikonians gallery on tablets and smartphones, with bookmarking of your favorites and more.

The Android version of mGallery for smartphones and tablets can be downloaded from Google Play

The iOS version for iPhones and iPads can be downloaded from Apple iTunes

Some additional info on mGallery is located in our wiki

Bo Stahlbrandt. Nikonians Founder and Administrator located in Bratislava/Slovakia and in the Black Forest/Germany.
Find out more about The Nikonians Team -- See the latest, hottest posts

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available
robsb Platinum Member
04th Apr 2014
Covey22 Moderator
07th Apr 2014
robsb Platinum Member
08th Apr 2014
the diewrecktor Gold Member
08th Apr 2014
bgs Administrator
10th Apr 2014
robsb Platinum Member
10th Apr 2014
Covey22 Moderator
07th Apr 2014
bgs Administrator
10th Apr 2014

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 04-Apr-14 09:09 PM
12848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 04-Apr-14 09:11 PM by robsb

San Jose, US

Bo when can I expect a WINDOWS 8 phone version for any of the Nikonian apps? I have the Nokia 1020, which I bought for the fantastic 40 MP camera and the ability to shoot RAW DNG files. You guys cover Apple and Android, yet WINDOWS appears to be an orphan even though in Europe and South America it is gaining market share. When combined with the One Drive feature, it is a powerful combination.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberMon 07-Apr-14 12:18 PM
10705 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 07-Apr-14 12:19 PM by Covey22

US

This was a very happy post for me. I was feeling left out even though I've got a Google Nexus.

I am speaking strictly as a Smartphone user, not as a Team Member. Additionally, I was not involved in any way shape or form with the mGallery creation. This is simply an observation.

Respectfully, it took a while to get the Android version going, which I had been waiting for. Windows Mobile in any flavor constitutes less than 2% of the overall smartphone market. I'm sure there is consideration for Win Mobile, but looking at the numbers, I'm not sure the overall demand is there. Again, just an observation.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 08-Apr-14 12:45 AM
12848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 08-Apr-14 02:33 AM by robsb

San Jose, US

Actually Windows 8 phone market is more than 2%. In the US it is over 5%. In the UK it is about 10%.In some countries, it outsells Apple, but not Android. The key is Microsoft is pushing toward an integration of all their products under a single OS. The Windows 8.1 release due tomorrow is a step in that direction. I have Windows Phone Apps for Flicker, the camera apps for phones like the 1020 blow away any mobile camera out there. I get 38 MP DNG files and they look really good. It is not too difficult to port from Apple or Android so I am still wondering why a photo site is ignoring Windows Phone (not Windows Mobile which was the old OS), except for the fact that it is not made by Nikon. We talk about all the mirrorless cameras Nikonians have. Here is an image taken with an 8 mp Nokia 920. I don't have a good 1020 image to post or I would. You only have to remember the 1020 is a 40 MP camera with DNG files. It has been used by pros at National Geographic with stunning results.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

the diewrecktor Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2014Tue 08-Apr-14 01:00 AM
228 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 1

Jeffersonville, US

Another vote for WINDOWS 8.
I'm not holding my breath, though.

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberThu 10-Apr-14 09:35 AM
5559 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 1

Bratislava, SK

Bob,

We are looking into the efforts of a Windows Phone 8 version and should be able to have the numbers pretty soon. So, let's wait and see what we can do there.

Bo Stahlbrandt. Nikonians Founder and Administrator located in Bratislava/Slovakia and in the Black Forest/Germany.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 10-Apr-14 03:28 PM
#8. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 6

San Jose, US

Thanks Bo I hope your research proves positive.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberMon 07-Apr-14 02:28 PM
10705 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Just a heads-up for the tech team:

1. App Crash:
The app crashes when I'm viewing an individual photo and attempt to Save To Album. Perhaps it's related to the fact that it's a photo from "My Gallery"?

I reported the above via AOS Error Reporting as well.

2. FaceBook Error:
With the same photo as above being viewed, when I attempt to use the FB option via "All Share Options" icon in the upper right, the client returns "Please attach only photos or a single video" and returns me to the photo.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter MemberThu 10-Apr-14 09:37 AM
#7. "RE: Nikonians mGallery for Android now available"
In response to Reply # 3

Bratislava, SK

Armando

Thanks for reporting. Good that you are using the AOS Error Reporting for this.

More info to come.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #12005 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.